The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Photographer at Poplar this past weekend??

Anyone know?

Thanks!!

David Mullinix

There's a link to the photographer on the Poplar website.

There were notices on his signs at Poplar though that said he wasn't posting any of the photos on his website.
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

Quote Originally Posted by acottongim View Post
    There were notices on his signs at Poplar though that said he wasn't posting any of the photos on his website.
    Well. . . that's a little stupid. Our horse made his debut with his new rider this past weekend, placed well and I'd like to look at the photos with an eye to purchasing one or two. Will check his website anyway.

Pegasus, try emailing him. I don't think any proofs will be put up online.

FWIW, every time I have seen that sign posted outside his trailer at Poplar the proofs have been posted online within a few days

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Gator View Post
    Pegasus, try emailing him. I don't think any proofs will be put up online.
    Thanks. Already done.

Good luck. He rarely responds to email, and even if you get an order placed, it may not arrive until the next year Seriously, I wouldn't waste my money.

I was at a dressage show in November, he never posted photos, hasn't responded to email either.
    Fade to Grey Farm
    Eventing, Foxhunting & Connemaras
    *NEW* website:www.fadetogreyfarm.com

I've ordered from him twice. First time was on line after a show. Took months to get them. Had to involve show secretary before he even responded. Then had to threaten to get credit card and attny involved.

The other time I bought while at show. Got them a month later go figure. Good luck either way.
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

Ah. Well, ok then. Thanks for the heads up. Why does Donna let him on the property?

I don't know - I complained more than once during the initial order, and she did have someone else do the next show or two, but he's back. I will say that it was AFTER that incident that I ordered at the show and I did get the photos about 4 weeks later (I was actually getting ready to send another first, complaining email but got the photos the next day). However, I tried to email him twice about photography rights to use for a magazine, but never heard from him. Will be interesting to see if you hear anything from him.

This reminds me I order a pic from the Nov Poplar and never got it. Off I go to storm the barricades.

There was a thread about him on this Forum not too long ago. I encourage any of you that have had a problem to email Donna with a complaint, perhaps one day they'll make a change?

I have had to get her involved multiple times, she said that last year was his 'last chance' to shape up, but sounds like he's still there, and still doing crummy business.
    Fade to Grey Farm
    Eventing, Foxhunting & Connemaras
    *NEW* website:www.fadetogreyfarm.com

I ordered a few photos from him at a fall 2011 poplar and didn't get them until a couple of months later. I emailed and called several times before they were delivered. Annoyed but I did get my pictures.

He always puts them up online always, even when he says that they won't be... sometimes it takes a couple weeks, just keep checking back on his site.

I've had major issues with him both times I've ordered photos, enough that I didn't order a stunning shot from Nov because I didn't want to deal with that shit again.... Donna knows, she doesn't want to bother with changing photographers for some reason. If you do order, be careful and be pro-active. One time, I had to threaten wanting my money back and getting AMEX involved because the site said that they were shipped a month before they really were... he was very quick to send them after that

Congrats pegasusmom, nice finish!
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

1 members found this post helpful.

I was a bit dismayed having just read this thread to find he was the photographer at Rocking Horse this past weekend.
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

My friend had the same experience...it was over 6 months that she finally received a CD she ordered.

I ordered pics when I was at the show, and got them no problem. Maybe it is better luck to order at the show?
    Founder & President, Dapplebay, Inc.
    Creative Director, Equestrian Culture Magazine
    Take us to print!

People like this are what give us good, PROFESSIONAL* photographers a bad name. Which is why so many of us have given up show/event photography. It's a shame.

My sister-in-law once ordered a division of video from a show her daughter attended. Six months and several attempts at contact later, she received a letter: wife left, despondent, blah blah blah "Please pray for me and your tapes." God help us.

(*as in, behaving professionally)
    www.ayliprod.com
    Equine Photography in the Northeast