The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Euroseats?

I don't get the point if euro seats. Is it just a fashion? What is the point? I've heard it's to make your butt bigger, but I just want to know cause I don't see point. Also, is side zip mainly for showing? What do girls wear mainly while doing the a's, side zip or or front zip? Also, when you wear side zip, does the belt go to the side?

Euroseats eliminate the seam that runs up the inside of the leg to the crotch which can make them comfier. I find the the stitching on the bum is quite flattering to my shape, but it depends on a persons build (though I find most look good in euroseat breeches)
    I think side zips are comfier, as you don't get the bulkiness of the closures and extra fabric right by your stomach where you bend. You don't have to have your belt to the side, but you can. I have also never forgotten to zip up a side zip, where as front zips and much easier to miss zipping them up and you walk around with your fly down, haha. Some of my show breeches have been side zip and some front zip but I prefer side zip

2 members found this post helpful.

Buy/wear whatever looks the best for you.

There is no point. Like, there is no point in having GPA, CO, Samshield, IRH, OneK and so many brands/types of helmet. You pick what you want (and what you can afford)

I wear full seat breeches all the time. Who cares?

As for the side-zip, again there is no such thing as for 'showing only' breeches. You wear what you want. The judge won't care about where the zip or your belt buckle is on your breeches. Really.

7 members found this post helpful.

I like the euroseat and not having that seam on the inside of my thigh. That's normally the first part of my pants that get destroyed so it's nice to worry less about it. I prefer sidezip because I hate feeling the button or hook back against my stomach. Also most front zips rub me right there. As for belts I wear mine to the side with side zips just because of going to t the bathroom . As someone who has a tiny bladder and is frequently getting off and running to the bathroom it is way easier if the buckle is on the side above the zip

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by alibi_18 View Post
    Buy/wear whatever looks the best for you.

There is no point. Like, there is no point in having GPA, CO, Samshield, IRH, OneK and so many brands/types of helmet. You pick what you want (and what you can afford)

I wear full seat breeches all the time. Who cares?

As for the side-zip, again there is no such thing as for 'showing only' breeches. You wear what you want. The judge won't care about where the zip or your belt buckle is on your breeches. Really.
    I love everything about this post.
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

1 members found this post helpful.

I tend to think that the euroseats break things up "back there," which helps me as I'm "blessed" back there.

I prefer the side zips. I don't need more stuff (zipper, snaps, buttons, etc) "up there" either.

Somewhat off topic but Euroseats remind me of Dittos, those jeans from the 70's that every girl had to have in every color. They were quite flattering if you were not chunky. They are coming bClick image for larger version. 

Name:	dittos.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	37543ack too.

I sometimes get rubs from the inside seam of breeches along especially my calf (not always but sometimes). Euroseat breeches don't cause that problem. And sock bottom euroseats are the best possible combination
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/