The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Looking for opinions on Horze leather quality??

So I know many of you have purchased from Horze because of their outstanding 50% sales they have offered (I am guilty too haha ), I was just curious if anyone has purchased any of their leather-goods? I am interested in purchasing a girth from them (found a working code for 50% YAY!! happynewyear) but I am hesitant to purchase without any knowledge on the leather quality?

PS I am somewhat of tack snob (but always trying to save a buck ) so if it's the quality of Kincaid it probably would be a NO-GO for me.
    TIA!!

The leather is surprisingly not bad! I don't know about girths but I have a dressage bridle that softened up to be quite lovely (initially a bit stiff). I also had one of their halters with padding and that was very nice (it's somewhere buried in the field now so I will see what it looks like when I find it in the spring!!)

My only experience with their leather was surprisingly good. I bought the Georgueze bridle. For the price, it's pretty darn nice. The leather is a little bit lightweight, but not plastic-y at all. Should soften up and be a nice servicable bridle. Some of the stitching is a little off and there's a spot where the padding is sewn so that there's a little crease/twist to it instead of being nice and flat. But for what I paid for it (less than $20 with one of the coupon codes for a bridle and reins) , I'm sure not going to complain!

I bought the Madame bridle as a schooling bridle for dressage and it's nice enough to use for shows right out of the box. Usually I have to oil new bridles to get them to slide through the buckles but this one was ready to use.

thank you! i just went nuts on ordering stuff. i was looking for stirrup leathers and ended up with gorgeous half chaps, 2 pairs of stirrup leathers, a headlight for my helmet, paddock shoes all at 50% off! i had to step away from the computer after i trimmed my list! i wanted to order more! this saves me from driving to horsemans outlet sale that i was going to go to!

1 members found this post helpful.

I ordered a pair of lined stirrup leathers. They felt like the M. Toulouse leathers. I think for the $, they are super nice.

1 members found this post helpful.

I ordered the georgeuze bridle a while back and have to say, it is excellent for $17. The leather is really supple and I didn't need to oil it before using it. Same with the horze martingale.

I just placed a second order with this code the other day and I think the ultimate steal was getting a pair of Roeckl gloves for $27. Contemplated getting the grenville all around girth as I want a Professional's Choice girth but don't wanna spend the money. Decided I'd wait to hear if anyone else has ordered it first.

No complaints so far...hope the 50% codes keep coming
    My OTTB and Finger Lakes Finest, Sunny Boy 'n Ben E and the old man, Salvator.

Check out Second Chance Thoroughbreds and like us on Facebook!