The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Marcel toulouse premia saddle

I was wondering if anyone had this saddle? Is so, what have you heard about it? What are your reviews on it? I'm 5'1 106 lbs, would the flap be too forward for me? Any things I should be aware about? Thanks!

I have one and love it. But I am 5'8" and I have a very long hip-knee. So I have the long forward flap.

Its a great saddle but some say it throws people off balance. I have not experienced this.

Have your trainer or at least a knowledgeable friend on the ground check it out and take pics of you in it so you can see how it positions your body.

~Emily
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

I had one. It did not work for me. I always felt unbalanced in it and I had to fight to keep my position. They also tend to run narrow and the panels are not very wide at all so if the saddle doesn't fit your horse even just slightly, it puts a lot of pressure along your horses spine. My saddle wasn't a "bad" fit technically on my horse according to my saddle fitter; it was just slightly too narrow, but her back was so sore from it that she actually needed time off before I could start riding her again. It was a very pretty saddle, though. I sold it quickly for more than I bought it for (they seem to be quite popular).