The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Joe Fargis Acceptance Speech USEF Life Time Achievement Award 2013

Does anyone know where a link to this can be found? I would like to hear it. TIA

USEFNetwork

Go to Pegasus Awards video

Advance to the last 8 mins or so.

It's there

Emily
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

1 members found this post helpful.

Everybody should watch his speech. He is truly one of the last true horsemen left. His speech had nothing to do with himself, and all to do with the horse. What a gentleman.

2 members found this post helpful.

What a wonderful speech. I lost a dear horsey friend yesterday, and I teared up when I heard him speak of the nobility and acceptance of the horse's nature, and how we should be grateful for the privilege of spending time with them.

I also watched the film clip about his career...well worth the time. I've always admired Joe Fargis; now I admire him even more.
    I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

What a wonderful speech. I lost a dear horsey friend yesterday, and I teared up when I heard him speak of the nobility and acceptance of the horse's nature, and how we should be grateful for the privilege of spending time with them.

I also watched the film clip about his career...well worth the time. I've always admired Joe Fargis; now I admire him even more.
    I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

Met him by accident at a swedish horsedealer about 5 years ago. I´m a nobody but he came forward and shook my hand and chatted for a while. I had no idea who he was until the dealer told me. When we were finished he took out a horse to try out and schooled him at 1,30 level. Really nice guy, superb rider and I would never have guessed his age.