The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Trainwreck "Legality of ownership" thread colt is now on NetPosse

Well, well. How interesting!

http://www.netposse.com/view_report.asp?reportid=1697

Does anyone else remember this trainwreck thread about "Blaze"?

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...-of-ownership\

The colt in question is now listed on NetPosse.

Huh. Wow just read the original. Entertaining. Sorry I missed it the first time.

Whoever owned him, it's very sad that he went to New Holland, because I suspect he's no longer "with us."

Holy crap--the original thread is 216 pages long! Can someone give the Cliff Notes summary of what all went down for those of us who don't have the time to read 4,000+ posts? (As it is, I'm trying to wade through the 4,000 posts on Jill Burnell over in Sport Horse Breeding...)
    SA Ferrana Moniet
    Not goodbye--just waiting at the end of the trail.
    My bloggity blog: Hobby Horse: Adventures of the Perpetual Newbie

1 members found this post helpful.

I second Lauruffian, I'm working on the JB thread as well... but it keeps growing before I get caught up.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Quote Originally Posted by GoForAGallop View Post
    Whoever owned him, it's very sad that he went to New Holland, because I suspect he's no longer "with us."
    Very sad indeed. I don't see this as entertaining at all. Once again the animal suffers for the stupidity of man. And I do feel sorry for the op.
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*

Basically, a lady claims she did a bunch of barn work (like...$6000+ worth of work) for a barn owner/breeder who gave her a yearling colt in return.

Lady seems like not the most genius of persons (yearling colt for a 4-h project for her 5yo, was rude about advice she didn't want to hear, started making threats against the previous owner, finally made some stupid ranty comment about how she hopes that the horse gets shipped to slaughter like the owner's others were.... then said the lady died... but then she was magically still alive.... Just plain bat-shit crazy, IMO.... ).... She registered the horse in her name, paid vet and farrier, never got a bill of sale. But then the owner took the horse back (was still at breeder's farm) and gave it away/sold it. As registration isn't proof of ownership, the gal had no real recourse

Agreed that it's sad... best hope here is that he is one of the lucky ones who had a kind ending to their trip to New Holland... but...

Thanks to CNVH, here's the Cliff's notes version (OWW = Old Witchy Woman)

So let me see if I have this straight:

OP falls in love with colt, who seems to have a majickal connection with her and grandson (lets grandson hug his byootiful face but kicks the Old Witchy Woman when she comes into the stall).

OP does months and months' worth of barn work in exchange for said colt. Meanwhile, OP has blood drawn and registers colt as hers, pays for a vet bill and maybe a farrier bill here and there. Majickal connection strengthens and colt begins to fart the occasional rainbow and butterfly.

OWW (probably getting wise to the fruitloopiness) tells OP she's no longer being given the colt. OWW has colt moved from the premises.

OP starts up a crusade to get the colt back, tries to file reports with every agency under the sun, but no one, not a single person in authority, will pursue OP's case.

OP comes on here for advice. CotH radar goes on alert. OP digs self a deeper and deeper hole with her fruitloopitude.

OP threatens OWW in a public forum. Then takes it back. Repeats a couple times.

OP claims OWW drops dead of a heart attack. OWW soon majickally rises from the grave. Cause of resurrection unknown.

Is this basically it thus far?
    But you really must read the entire thread!
    Last edited by LauraKY; Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Definitions
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

1 members found this post helpful.

If I understand this correctly (and I might not), original poster from the first thread who never legally owned the colt apparently, persuaded Netposse to post the horse she didn't apparently own (or did a court find in her favor? That's not really clear), and they put out an alert back in August because the previous owner shipped the colt to New Holland sometime in May of 2012? Who is going to remember one colt eight months later? I hope the colt landed somewhere safe, but if the woman who claimed ownership finds out where that is I bet we have a whole new thread about a horse being stalked, and more court filings.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

I'm forgoing JB for this one! Even DH is reading over my shoulder... holy pumpkin ponies the OP is a mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Seriously, if someone actually had that horse (and he wasn't a hamburger in Europe) I would not turn them in to Net Posse after reading that other thread. And that's usually not my style, but wow... talk about crazy.

I wached that one back when it was unfolding. I could make some comments but I think it'd be better to just step away from the keyboard. I guess she's trying to locate the horse by whatever means she can but having gone to NH . . . well I think she'd be better off letting go. What a mess.
    And a PS, while it was unfolding it was REALLY a mess - OP went back and deleted a ton of truly innappropriate as well as relevant issues.
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

Quote Originally Posted by ReSomething View Post
    And a PS, while it was unfolding it was REALLY a mess - OP went back and deleted a ton of truly innappropriate as well as relevant issues.
    Yep, I was there when the original was occurring, can't remember if I posted or not...but I do remember some outrageous posts by the OP that were later redacted. My face was like O_O while reading some of them, language and threats etc etc...

Best bet is to go through and find the quotes .
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

Quote Originally Posted by Lauruffian View Post
    Holy crap--the original thread is 216 pages long! Can someone give the Cliff Notes summary of what all went down for those of us who don't have the time to read 4,000+ posts? (As it is, I'm trying to wade through the 4,000 posts on Jill Burnell over in Sport Horse Breeding...)
    Actually, it's "only" 11 pages long with 216 posts. Still, I'm not going to wade through it since it's old and OP deleted many of her posts. I just hope that youngster landed in a good place after NH.
    Equus Keepus Brokus

Am I missing something? The thread linked to only is 11 pages?

Funny how originally this colt was "different" and somehow suitable for the 5yo grandson...and now he's high spirited and very spooky. Neat.
    Jennifer Walker
    Proud owner of Capt Han Solo+, Arabian stallion http://www.capthansolo.com
    Author, freelance writer http://www.authorjennwalker.com

sooo.. i am not going to go read the original thread, but no matter how batshit crazy someone is - if they worked in exchange for an animal and that animal is not given/taken from them by the seller - isn't the buyer owed something monetarily?

Read the original thread. There was (maybe) a verbal agreement for work for the horse, no contract, and then horse went away. From what the OP stated, she did about $6500 worth of labor and work over seven months' time, though her Facebook said her and her husband did three months work IIRC. Pictures and video from Facebook do not support a colt worth anywhere near that. And legal owner of colt sold/gave away/moved to safe location at some point, and it's never clear why that happened.

Bottom line though, no contract. The OP could probably sue for wages, but since the woman she worked for died and then came back, I'm not certain zombies have any assets the OP could go after?
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

2 members found this post helpful.

Wow...its cold and blustery here and that original thread was the highlight so far of my day!!! Spooky stuff!!!
    Your village is calling. Apparently their idiot is missing!

I remember that thread, and remember at that time getting a spidey sense that the old lady owner might have "dissapeared" the horse after finding out the poster was stalking the horse and registering it as hers when she hadn't ever really finalzed any agreement about giving it to the poster and for all we know, the poster hadn't done the work the old lady had wanted. I know, that's speculation, but its the sense got. Her personality struck me as being capable of entirely making up the story and being someone the old lady just couldn't get off the property, anyway, or something. I just couldn't take anythng that woman sais as truthful. But who knows. Its also entirely possible that the owner never sent the colt to an auction, but sold it on to someone she knew privately. Depending on how rank the colt was. For all we know old woman was a competent horse woman who recognized a dummy foal with serious problems which should have been PTS and dealt wtih that on her own and the krazee didn't have any business fooling with the horse. Again, I have no idea whath was really true, but I got more of a sense of this kind of thing than what that poster was claiming.
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

2 members found this post helpful.