The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default CL heartbreaker. Anyone near San Antonio, TX?

Someone just posted this on the TX sporthorse facebook page. Anyone up for a rescue? I just can't right now, dammit.

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/grd/3557777681.html

Also, if someone could do a screen shot, or such, real quick. I doubt if this ad will last long.
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

How many ribs do I see? 11 or 12? He needs a rescue organization to a) evaluate his health, b) bring him back to health, c) re-home him.

Something tells me he was off loaded in SA so a heavier horse could have his spot on a trip to Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by spacytracy View Post
    Thanks

*^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

If someone can get her and needs a few bucks for vet bills or rehab, I'll chip in.

I'm in for some help.
    When someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE THEM.

I live in San Antonio, unfortunately don't have the means to help but I will crosspost him on the local fb pages and forum. Poor guy, really wish I could take him in!!
    OTTB CONNECT
    FB group for all things related to non racing Thoroughbreds.. Click here to join ~~~> OTTB CONNECT

Someone called about him and there is someone on their way there to see him. If they don't take him, they will call my contact back. She is prepared to take him if I can wire her the $ for purchase price.

3 members found this post helpful.

Happy update!! Somebody shared this on their FB wall and a friend saw it, the friend is on their way to pick up the horse now and he will have a great home. Yay for happy endings!
    OTTB CONNECT
    FB group for all things related to non racing Thoroughbreds.. Click here to join ~~~> OTTB CONNECT

10 members found this post helpful.

Cute Arabian and great news. Any word on the story behind him? He looks full blooded; did he have papers?

ANOTHER ONE

http://images.craigslist.org/3K73Mb3...32a2a81227.jpg

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/grd/3527595467.html

Just saw yet ANOTHER horrible ad here in San Antonio. Can anybody offer help? I'm having a friend email him to get the guys address so I can call the authorities, since I already emailed him about the horse's condition (and his reply was that the horse was "fine" because he had 12 acres of grass to eat. Which obviously isn't working!) And of course he's a stallion and the guy wants $400 for him ugh.
    OTTB CONNECT

Quote Originally Posted by BansheeBreeze View Post
    Happy update!! Somebody shared this on their FB wall and a friend saw it, the friend is on their way to pick up the horse now and he will have a great home. Yay for happy endings!
    Thankyou! and thank your friend!!!

Banshee, the ad was deleted. Did you get the address to report him? It looks like he's tied by chain in the photo; hard to eat on all those acres if you're chained up.

No, we didn't get the address yet. I have a screen cap of the ad saved to Paint, but I have no idea how to post it here. My friend emailed him asking to come look at the horse, so hopefully he'll reply to her. Fingers crossed.
    OTTB CONNECT

Quote Originally Posted by BansheeBreeze View Post
    No, we didn't get the address yet. I have a screen cap of the ad saved to Paint, but I have no idea how to post it here. My friend emailed him asking to come look at the horse, so hopefully he'll reply to her. Fingers crossed.
    Is that the one that's supposed to be in Atascosa Co? If so the friend doesn't want the horse, feel free to email me the location (jenn@bluebonnetequine.org) and I'll see if we can get something done. The wonderful deputy who helped us help so many horses in Atascosa Co. over the last 2-3 years has left the county, but we should still have some contacts there.
    Visit us at Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society - www.bluebonnetequine.org

Want to get involved in rescue or start your own? Check out How to Start a Horse Rescue - www.howtostartarescue.com

1 members found this post helpful.

Yes, it's the one from Atascosa. Unfortunately her email didn't get sent before he took the ad down and it got bounced back to her undeliverable. She was just acting as a ruse to get the guys address so I could call the authorities. I'll be keeping an eye on CL to see if the ad comes back up and if I get the guys address I will pass it on to you. Thanks.
    OTTB CONNECT

Thanks COTHers for saving another one! Great work...

Did the first one get saved? It is confusing...

Quote Originally Posted by FalseImpression View Post
    Did the first one get saved? It is confusing...
    Yes, first horse got saved, second horse's ad disappeared before we could get in contact with the guy.
    OTTB CONNECT