The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Spinnoff - Oldenberg GOV papers question

I have a few questions maybe folks can answer for me?

I have a registered Oldenburg - his papers were given to me by the woman I bought him from, his fourth owner. His papers, however, are all in the breeder's name, from his foal inspection (premium foal!) in NA. So his papers were in essence 'passed on' to me.

Can I have his papers re-done in my name, now that I am his new owner and probably his last owner? He may be showing this year and next year, and I would like his papers to reflect me as his owner, but I am not familiar with the process to get that done. Do I send the papers back to Odenberg GOV? The papers are written in english and german. Do I need a bill of sale from the Breeder, since that is the owner of record on the papers? Or do I need a bill of sale at all? CAN I indeed have the papers corrected to reflect me as the new owner, or is that not done with Oldenbergs? not sure.

So that you know, I am in contact with his breeder, Carolyn Williams at Stillpointe Farm, lovely lovely people who enjoy following Airborne's progress, and who would be helpful in any way with his papers or registries. I haven't asked them what, if anything, I can do, perhaps they would be a good place to start?But I thought I would ask here what is the usual process for new owners of papered Oldenbergs? Thanks.
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

It is called a transfer of ownership. If he is registered with GOV, you just have to follow this link: http://oldenburghorse.net/upload/fil..._Ownership.pdf

And follow instructions and pay the fee, and you will be listed as new owner. But... the breeder's name will never be erased. It will always be listed as breeder.

The thing I am not sure of (about your particular situation) is: do the seller, when he bought the horse, had papers transferred to HIS name? Because if the papers of your horse has NEVER ever been transferred to any of the owners since he left his breeder, then it might be a tiny bitty more complicated. Not undoable, but I would contact the GOV office (you have more chance to get a quick reply by emailing or calling Emily... http://oldenburghorse.net/oh/contact...ste-kopie.html ) and ask them what shall be done exactly.

Good luck!
    Les Écuries d'Automne, Québec, Canada
    Visit EdA's Facebook page!

On the transfer of ownership form it is written:

"Note: This information must match the owner's name shown on the registration certificate. If it does not match, you must include copies of legally sufficient documentation explaining the difference in names (i.e. Bill of Sale, Proof of
    Change of Name, etc.)."

So, it looks like it is doable.
    Les Écuries d'Automne, Québec, Canada
    Visit EdA's Facebook page!

did you maybe think about contacting the GOV and asking them?
    Discipline is the Bridge between Dreams and Accomplishments

1 members found this post helpful.

I wll contact the GOV and ask them. I just thought I would quick ask here to see what was said, first. No, the papers seem to reflect that no owner ever had his papaers transfered to them, simply passed along the papers to the next owner. He had three prior to me, plus the breeder, so I'm like number 5 including breeder. I'll contact the GOV. Thanks.
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

contact Emily in Canada. She is generally the most immediately available and can run down the necessary paper work for you.
    Discipline is the Bridge between Dreams and Accomplishments