The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

All of my animals have had people names, so I am partial to something like that for a barn name. We actually already have horses named Lou and Gatsby...and I like both of them too! I do like Speakeasy and Swing Time (or Swingtime?) for show names. A barnmate also came up with Maestro. This is always difficult, I'm so indecisive! Thanks for the suggestions so far!

He's cute! Congrats on the new addition!
    Equestrian At Hart - My Blog - adventures of a big opinionated BWP

Dr.John. Mac as a barn name. Always loved to hear him play!

REALLY?! I was drooling over him on FB. HUGE congratulations.

I've had a Dixieland horse in for training before and just loved the temperament. The outside package on this one is just a bonus!

Wow, I'm so happy someone from the board ended up with him. I'm dying to know how he turns out. Keep us posted please!
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

Congrats, so attractive with all the dapples!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

OMG!

The owner of the barn where I half-lease a horse is absolutely obsessed with Dixieland Band horses - she hears that name in the pedigree and she instantly has to have it. In fact, I'm almost positive this is the horse she was telling me about last week. She was getting ready to hitch the trailer and head to KY to grab him up.

I'll have to try to ask her if this is the one. I have to say, I totally agree with her about the DB horses. Lib (http://www.pedigreequery.com/liberal11) is a DB grandson and has the best mind of any horse, cross my heart - NOTHING phases him, fantastic jumper, and a canter that is easily 14+ with no effort.

I am super jealous
    Lucy (Precious Star) - 1994 TB mare; happily reunited with her colt Touch the Stars

Congratulations on your new horse! He is very handsome.

The horse I sold in September was a Dixieland Band grandson, which I found out well after I purchased him. He didn't have a tattoo or papers, so I sent In a hair sample for DNA analysis to the Jockey Club. Turned out he was a year younger than we thought and had pretty decent bloodlines. He was a really cool horse, but due to a not so great past life, had some issues that took quite a while to undo. Once the issues were resolved and he settled down, he just had the best personality. I would love to have another horse with Dixieland Band bloodlines. Though next time I'd really like to find one that wasn't taught nasty habits before I got them.

Thanks everyone! I haven't heard anything bad about the Dixieland Band offspring and so far this guy isn't proving that wrong. He's just so chill about everything, hasn't made a peep and just acts like he's been at the farm his whole life. He's a pretty good mover, even with steel shoes on, and yes his canter looks huge. We have a pretty small indoor and after watching Melissa ride him I'm wondering what it's gonna be like containing his canter in a small space. I'm so excited to watch him as he learns to use himself and progresses in his training. In person he still looks very much like a baby, but he has an "old soul" feeling to him. I'll be the only one riding him, so I'm sure I'll be back on here with questions and updates. He had quite a following on Facebook!