The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Custom Sadderly.

My saddle is a Custom Saddderly made in Walasell England. Can someone tell me about it??

So I'm guessing the Beval Saddle from just last week (http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...2-Beval-saddle) didn't fit? What about this saddle, custom made for someone else and someone else's horse, makes you think it will fit you and Beautiful?

And what do you mean repair it? Is something wrong with it?

For what it's worth, Custom Saddlery makes a nice saddle. I suggest you go to www.mysaddle.com and click on "Find a Fitter," and have someone experienced with the brand come out and tweak the saddle to fit you and Beautiful, if it can. But you won't take my suggestion.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by GoForAGallop View Post
    So I'm guessing the Beval Saddle from just last week (http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...2-Beval-saddle) didn't fit? What about this saddle, custom made for someone else and someone else's horse, makes you think it will fit you and Beautiful?

And what do you mean repair it? Is something wrong with it?

For what it's worth, Custom Saddlery makes a nice saddle. I suggest you go to www.mysaddle.com and click on "Find a Fitter," and have someone experienced with the brand come out and tweak the saddle to fit you and Beautiful, if it can. But you won't take my suggestion.
    Thanks. no it'[s the same saddle. The owner well nevermind. Anyway yeah i'll talk to mom about it.

I tried calling them but i'll call on monday.

I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

4 members found this post helpful.

The saddle is wool flocked.

Wait... so the saddle is actually a Custom Saddlery saddle, not a Beval? That's pretty odd. I would get a reputable saddle fitter with a good inventory rather than ordering online.
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

You're in the same position with this saddle that you have been with all your saddles - you.need.a.saddle.fitter. Its a custom Bevel, unless I am mistaken, and I could be, I just thought that Custom Saddelry was what the custom Bevals were called. And this saddle was custom made for a different person and a different horse, not the person you bought it from. It didn't fit her or her horse, either. It will not be much to get someone out and tell you if you can have this reflocked to fit your horse. If you can, it won't cost much proably 1 to 200. Its entirely possible it will never fit your horse, however. Yo do realize it was custom made for a different horse. And apparently not the person who sold it to you, but a prior owner. Good luck.
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

As for repaired, if you look at the other photos in the seqence before these two links, you can see on the seat that there are wrinkles in the seat leather. The OP in the past (on other boards) has called these cracks. I personally do not see them as cracks, but as wrinkles probably from someone riding in the saddle without the proper breeches material. She wants these wrinkles 'repaired'. For a 600 saddle, I wouldn't personally care, but she does. She has not yet had a professional out to determine whether or not the saddle fits. Like her other saddles, she is asking online.
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/