The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The seller sounds on the up-and-up to me.

I think it is unfortunate that someone had to post the you tube link and make the choice to out the breeder for the OP, as the OP was not quite ready to hang this person out to dry. And you can see why, as it sounds like there has been a lot of frustration with the registry and not just an issue with getting the seller to act.

If you've got all of the proof that the items were received by the American office, it seems to me that the person who lost them there would be responsible for the notarized letter, etc, to prove that they were legitimately mislaid?

I realize at this point you probably just want this off your plate and the easiest path may be the notarized letter, but I know I would be sorely tempted to push back on the European office since one of their representatives is the problem here. It seems just crazy that there should be ANY additional cost for the breeder or new owner of the horse when this is purely a registry office issue.

1 members found this post helpful.

Ok, so I just have to say that I am VERY impressed with Emily in the Canada office. She emailed me again today asking me to send her the tracking number once I mail the letter so she too can follow up on this and make sure we get our resolution. Finally a positive thing for GOV especially since Piper's passport has nothing to do with her office. Amazing to see somebody is actually willing to do their job. Yea!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cutenikita View Post
    Ok, so I just have to say that I am VERY impressed with Emily in the Canada office. She emailed me again today asking me to send her the tracking number once I mail the letter so she too can follow up on this and make sure we get our resolution. Finally a positive thing for GOV especially since Piper's passport has nothing to do with her office. Amazing to see somebody is actually willing to do their job. Yea!!!!
    Yep, she is a HUGE asset to the registry here in NA. Sharp, professional, has very good organizational skills and business acumen, excellent customer service skills, and is very good at following through on things.

Hope everything works out and you get your papers soon, OP!

Thank you to everyone on this forum for all your ideas on how to get this issue resolved. I am happy to say that I received the papers from GOV this week!! Huge thanks to the breeder and the GOV for working to make this happen!!!

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by zoeywalterpiper View Post
    Thank you to everyone on this forum for all your ideas on how to get this issue resolved. I am happy to say that I received the papers from GOV this week!! Huge thanks to the breeder and the GOV for working to make this happen!!!
    Yeah!