The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default barns near Davenport, IA

I have some really, really great clients of mine that are looking at possibly relocating to the Davenport IA area. Great family, and the girl is currently winning in the Childrens Jumpers, will move up at the end of 2013 on her more finished horse and has an up and coming 5 year old who is also very talented. Her goals are primarily in the jumper ring, though she works very hard on good, correct (dressage type) flatwork and her eq.

Does anyone know of any good barns in the Davenport area that they should check out when they go visit? Any trainers or barns to avoid (PM me if needed!). They don't need a fancy facility, but a good program not just for riding but horsemanship and an honest trainer capable of taking her at least to the miniprix level with confidence are a must! Thanks for any help!

The only hunter/jumper barn that I know of in Davenport is Wulf Run Farm. I don't have much/any experience with them.

Davenport has actually turned into a really great town and you can be in the Chicago suburbs in 2 hours (ish).

You can PM me if you come up with any other names and I can probably get you some info

I will look them up! Anyone else have any ideas?Any barns within a 30 minute drive in any direction? Thanks!

http://www.huntermarkfarm.com/

Well known in the area and actively showing. My friend used to board and lesson there and she loved it. Most barns in the area are more western/trail type

I was going to recommend Huntermark too. I am from Des Moines and we would always see them at the shows we went to. They always had nice horses and seemed like great people.