The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Stolen Paso Fino Tack

This message was sent out yesterday to the Paso Fino Horse Association membership. This tack is going to show up somewhere, and since the Paso community is rather small and close-knit I'm wondering if the thieves might try to sell it somewhere less risky, i.e. to owners of non-Paso horses. All Kuda tack carries his logo stamped on the leather. I don't have an example to post here, but you can see the logo and some examples of the tack at https://www.kudastore.com/

The trailer was parked at his store in Winter Garden, FL. Mauricio is a small business owner, not a giant corporation, and he supports his family with this business. The trailer was loaded with a lot of his merchandise as he was planning on leaving for a big show in southern Florida, so this is an enormous blow. If you spot the trailer, or if someone offers you 'too good to be true' prices on Paso/gaited horse tack, please do the right thing and call the Orlando Police department.

"Dear PFHA Members,

It has come to our attention that on the night of January 14, a trailer owned by Mauricio Villa of Kuda Saddlery & Tack was stolen, containing ten of thousands of dollars of Paso Fino tack.

This tack is exclusively used for Paso Fino horses. The thieves will most likely approach Paso Fino farms or owners at reduced prices and/or will fence them through other legitimate dealers. SHAME ON BOTH OF THEM.

Thieves only benefit when they are able to sell the stolen items.

I implore all members to do the right thing and not support thieves. Do not buy any tack from suspicious individuals or tack that is underpriced.

If anyone has any information regarding this stolen trailer or has seen questionable sales of Kuda merchandise, please alert police or call Mauricio at 407-301-2889. Mauricio has been a long time sponsor of the PFHA and has traveled all over the country to local shows serving the Paso Fino community.

Pictured below is the trailer with Florida license plate "794 MFC."

Respectfully,

Lee Vulgaris
    President, PFHA"

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/...psd3eb2bee.jpg

I saw the email the other day. I hope the thieves are found soon.
    You are what you dare.

Oh, that's just awful. Didn't get the e-mail. I hope they find the thieves ASAP. And they stole the trailer, too?!?!
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

Yes both. Apparently he had loaded the trailer and was planning on heading out the next day. Drove his tow vehicle home and left the trailer by the store. Someone came by and hooked up and left with the whole kit and kaboodle. As Lee pointed out in the letter, the tack is only of value to the thieves when they sell it, so everyone is trying to get the word out as much as possible.

I would assume Bobby knows already but I'll let him know.
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!