The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Thumbs up Horze customer service = amazing

I just wanted to post here about Horze's amazing customer service.

I ordered a bunch of stuff in late December and had it shipped to the person leasing my horse. Firstly, Horze gets it to Chicago on December 21st and the order was AFTER their Christmas deadline and there were two embroidered saddle pads! Well, UPS fails to actually deliver the package and Horze totally stepped up.

Amazing communication by phone and email AND they were going to make me new saddle pads. They did find the box and shipped it 2nd day at their expense to my address and followed up immediately with a tracking number. They even responded again when I sent them a pic of UPS's particularly hilarious job of hiding my package.

Personalized, responsive customer service! It's not just a SmartPak thing anymore

It also doesn't hurt that their stuff is such an excellent value. The Modena bridle has a bigger noseband than I expected, but the quality is better than the price range, even at full price. The saddle pads are very nice and the embroidery is flawless. The nylon halter is very cute and has nice hardware.

Thumbs up if you've been waiting to indulge

2 members found this post helpful.

Another thumbs up. I had ordered winter riding breeches around the holidays on one of those 50% codes. But when they arrived they were too big, and kinda not what I was thinking anyway. But with the holidays, etc, I missed the 30-day returns deadline. Horze gave full refund anyway.
    Very impressed.
    Try to break down crushing defeats into smaller, more manageable failures. It’s also helpful every now and then to stop, take stock of your situation, and really beat yourself up about it.The Onion

1 members found this post helpful.

I was loving horze, but my relationship with them now is kind of guarded. I made a couple orders with them last year.... First, I had to talk to them four times over my embroidery order (different people... just people in the office not talking to each other...). Not the biggest deal... just an irritation

But... Earlier this month, as I was counting my pennies while on unemployment, I suddenly saw a charge to my bank account from horze for 80+ dollars.... Turns out, they had some issue with their payment system that they only just now caught on to... So my order from Early October hit my bank account 3 months later.... I don't have a problem that the payment was processed, after all it was money owed to them, but I was less than thrilled that they didn't at least give me a heads up about something so anomalous as putting a charge through three months later... I was in financially happier straits then and it could have cost me a small fortune in overdraft fees if I hadn't had left a little cushion sitting in my "splurge" checking account instead of pulling all of it out to pay bills, etc... since I was trying to pay everything an extra month ahead where possible to give me better cushion...

I just did another 50% off offer because my new boy needs some stuff... but... I am definitely watching my bank account like a hawk now and being proactive if the charge doesn't show up in a timely manner so that this doesn't happen in the future.

Is there a new code then??
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJenners View Post
    Is there a new code then??
    "happynewyear" worked for me last week.

also worked for me a couple days ago.

Worked for me today

Woo hoo! Can't wait to order!
    ~~~~~~~~~

Member of the ILMD[FN]HP Clique, The Florida Clique, OMGiH I loff my mares, and the Bareback Riders clique!

I'm so glad you're all enjoying Horze!

Blairasb, I'm sure if you call or email customer service and tell them about your experience, they will do everything they can to make it right and prevent something similar from occurring again.
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

"HAPPYNEWYEAR" worked for me last night. I placed my second order--loved the open-front boots and knee-patch breeches I got lost time, so I ordered a soft-shell casual jacket from the clearance section and (with some trepidation) a pair of denim breeches. I may look foolish in them at my age, but if they fit, I will enjoy wearing them on the days I have to run errands on my way home from the barn--I am always self-conscious when I run into a store with breeches on!
    I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

I did take me a while to get my embroidered saddle pad from them. Maybe a month? The embroidery was great, but I could tell they had to cram her name in there, because the letter look smushed. BUT I got it for $14 so who cares? I did wish that they had split my order like SmartPak does so I could have gotten the non-custom items.

I have a love affair with their open front boots. Seriously. Every time they have a sale I pick up a few more pairs. Bells are also AWESOME. Herself wore them for a few weeks 24/7 and couldn't get them off. Normally she eats them all. No rubs either.

GREAT place to shop, when they are having a 50% off sale. Wonderful customer service. The sale people at their booth at Equine Affaire were awesome too! There was a Newmarket fleece jacket that I WISH I had bought.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.