The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Yes! My Custom Saddlery Wolfgang Solo came in!

I finally got myself a custom made dressage saddle! I ordered a custom saddlery Wolfgang solo with a short roll in buffalo in the fall (black with grey trim) and it came in this week!!!

I am so excited after having been working in an ill-fitting dressage saddle (too small) I can finally sit down and back.

I highly HIGHLY recommend working with custom saddlery. It is a 100% satisfaction guaranteed saddle purchase and they have several lovely models. I also recommend working with a fitter with demos, never in a million years would I have picked this model for myself but it just fit best.

www.mysaddle.com

Pictures!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
    Last edited by TSHEventing; Jan. 17, 2013 at 08:52 PM.

STUNNING!! Utterly stunning. And I'm so very, very jealous.
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

*drool* Very pretty!
    ***Honorary Member of the "What is BOSS?" Cult...er...CLIQUE***
    ***Prominent Member of the 'Irrelevent Posters Clique'***
    CrayolaPosse ~ Bluegreen

Very sharp looking saddle! I've loved Custom Saddlery saddle ever since I was in So Cal and was able to ride in a few of my trainer's saddles. Wow, what a difference!
    I have a Custom Saddlery jumping saddle and can't wait to get a dressage saddle, one of the first things on the list to save up for!
    Last edited by 53; Jan. 18, 2013 at 04:46 PM.

That is stunning!! Love the gray...someday!

LOVE my Wolfgang Expression. I just wish they had a jump saddle that I liked
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

I have a custom Stackhouse for jumping. Had it changed to wool flocking and it is great! Custom Saddlery clearly markets primarily for dressage so I'm not sure I'd get a jump saddle.... not sure the balance would be correct. Could be wrong on that!

Quote Originally Posted by TSHEventing View Post
    I have a custom Stackhouse for jumping. Had it changed to wool flocking and it is great! Custom Saddlery clearly markets primarily for dressage so I'm not sure I'd get a jump saddle.... not sure the balance would be correct. Could be wrong on that!
    My fitter admitted that they are still trying to get the balance right on many of their jumping saddles, but they nailed it on the one I have, the Monte Carlo. She said there were several models she wouldn't recommend, but she always recommends this one. I have never felt my leg feel so secure in a jumping saddle ever.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 53 View Post
    My fitter admitted that they are still trying to get the balance right on many of their jumping saddles, but they nailed it on the one I have, the Monte Carlo. She said there were several models she wouldn't recommend, but she always recommends this one. I have never felt my leg feel so secure in a jumping saddle ever.
    Yeah, pretty much this. The Monte Carlo is a good saddle that I would recommend to folks, the others are still "in development." If they were priced appropriately for their quality and balance, I would have a different answer, but they're selling at a price point that should buy you some fantastic R&D/design/build and instead you get the balance and build I'd expect on a $2200-$2400 saddle. Again, the Monte Carlo is an exception--that one's overpriced IMO too, but not nearly as badly. I'd put it on par with other products on the market retailing around $3200-$3500.

Their dressage tack, by contrast, is worthy of the price tag. Congrats on your Wolfgang Solo. That's a fabulous saddle.

1 members found this post helpful.

I have a CS Victory (2000 model? But so new when I got it in 2011 that I had to break it in) and I love it. I found it "used" for a steal and they were so kind to send me a free saddle cover.

Your saddle is a beauty!!

Default I have BOTH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jn4jenny View Post
    Yeah, pretty much this. The Monte Carlo is a good saddle that I would recommend to folks, the others are still "in development." If they were priced appropriately for their quality and balance, I would have a different answer, but they're selling at a price point that should buy you some fantastic R&D/design/build and instead you get the balance and build I'd expect on a $2200-$2400 saddle. Again, the Monte Carlo is an exception--that one's overpriced IMO too, but not nearly as badly. I'd put it on par with other products on the market retailing around $3200-$3500.

Their dressage tack, by contrast, is worthy of the price tag. Congrats on your Wolfgang Solo. That's a fabulous saddle.
    I have both the Wolfgang Solo (just like the OP's) and the Monte Carlo - my OMG UBER picky OTTB has turned his nose down on Amerigo, Devoucoux, Prestige, and Black Country...demo Customs came out of Custom rep Nancy Bardy's tack trailer early July and life has taken on happiness! Happily both of these models also suit me. I HIGHLY recommend trying these saddles. At the same time, I have finally come to the conclusion that there is NO BRAND, NO MODEL that is destined to fit and suit every horse-rider combo...but DO try these saddles!
    ~ it no longer matters what level I do, as long as I am doing it..~ with many thanks, to Elizabeth Callahan

I'm drooling over your saddle...I'm determined to get a Solo when my old Barnsby finally eats it...which may be quite a while!
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

A Voice Halted

with a barnsby? you are probably right! Those last forEver

Oh my gosh, thank you sooo much for posting this! I have been researching like a crazy woman trying to find a saddle with the slanted external thigh block that also has a mono flap and there is hardly anything! I have tried the M Toulouse Verona mono flap and absolutely hated it :C , I have sat in some Prestiges, Trilogy saddles, JRD's etc...and everything is just ehhh. It wasn't until I was browsing through the website you provided that I discovered the Wolfgang Solo saddle does come in a monoflap (the one at SmartPak does not). Thank you for showing me the gold at the end of the rainbow!

I have the Icon Coda and I LOVE it!! I even do all my hacking in it and only jump in my jump saddle (Antares). The fitter here for Custom does NOT recommend the Custom jump saddles at all.
    ~Run and Jump!~

Quote Originally Posted by TSHEventing View Post
    My VERY picky OTTB chose both his saddles: a Wolfgang Solo for dressage and my trainer's very used, but VERY lovely Custom Saddlery Monte Carlo mono flap jump saddle - absolutely HATES all other saddles. Just that.
    ~ it no longer matters what level I do, as long as I am doing it..~ with many thanks, to Elizabeth Callahan