The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yep its a Dy'on. I own the same bridle. The one shown is the jumper model. I just switched off that noseband for a simple cavesson and it looks great on my super petite Trakehner hunter mare. Too bad the photo does not show the brow band as well. That's my favourite part....it looks like a little diamond tiara across her forehead. Very pretty and elegant.

I've had the Mark Todd version for about a year and a half now. It's not D'yon quality but it's nice and it's also about a third of the price with reins. I've been using it for schooling and at shows, I have no complaints at all. It's a really pretty bridle and should last a while, mine looks still looks great.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...20039527_n.jpg

2 members found this post helpful.

The eastern edge of the eventing wasteland

Default Links

"You're horse is behind the vertical!"
    "Of course he's behind the vertical, I haven't jumped it yet!"
    - NLK
    "I am a sand dancer... just here for the jumps!" - Schrammo
    www.nshaonline.org

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MsRidiculous View Post
    I've had the Mark Todd version for about a year and a half now. It's not D'yon quality but it's nice and it's also about a third of the price with reins. I've been using it for schooling and at shows, I have no complaints at all. It's a really pretty bridle and should last a while, mine looks still looks great.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...20039527_n.jpg
    Oh wow! Thanks for sharing the photo. The bridle looks so nice... I'm impressed! I guess I will be buying one

Gorgeous!!!
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

Do they make one that does not have brass fittings? I love the leather and the cut of the noseband and browband, but I hate the brass fittings.

1 members found this post helpful.

The brass fittings come with the jumper bridle. The hunter ones are nickle buckles. I originally thought that the brass would be too much "bling" in the hunter ring but honestly you really cannot tell. It is the nicest bridle I have ever owned and fits the horse so beautifully with the small cut out around the ears and padded crown piece. Its too bad they do cost so much though

They Dyon bridles are amazing. I was just looking at them at WEF this past week and couldn't believe how much nicer they were than even the Hadfield's that she had hanging next to them-for almost double the price. They are worth every penny, in leather quality and especially workmanship. The stitching is so perfect and tiny. Just outstanding!

It's a Dyon, I have the same one.

Hickstead wore the Dyon....and he was a class act!
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

I have had the mark Todd bridle and it's actually MUCH better quality than the dyon leather! I sold it but have a pair of the MT Reins and they are buttery soft.
    Im from England- Don't bite!

1 members found this post helpful.

Do the Mark Todd version ones come without flash? I hate that little tab when the flash is removed, and have no need for a flash at the moment...
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJenners View Post
    Do the Mark Todd version ones come without flash? I hate that little tab when the flash is removed, and have no need for a flash at the moment...
    I also don't like the flash, never use them. Thinking that if you cut off the little tab very carefully no one would notice. Otherwise, people seem to be riding in them with the flash taken off and the loop just there.

you cant take the loop off sadly, but I guess its easy for a saddler to cut.
    Im from England- Don't bite!

I have cut the flash tab off a few bridles and you would never know. But you know, I really think you all are a bunch of enablers!!!

THANKS now "I" want one. It is a beautiful bridle and my new horse looks a lot like the first picture model - oooooohhhhh.....
    How people treat you is their KARMA.... how you REACT is yours!

oooooo fancy
    Live Free Or Die Hard

I have a dy'on bridle, not this one but another model, and it is very nice, and since I bought it on a super sale, the price was ok. I also just picked up one of the Mark Todd bridles on eBay for super cheap (<$100) and it is really nice quality and I was very happy with it when it arrived. I haven't put it into use yet, so no idea on durability, but it certainly looked and felt high quality.