The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

It isn't a LACK of education that is the problem, it is TOO MUCH education. Trainers are working w/ their (sad excuse for) vets in order to stay ahead of USEF and their bans. Take away the needles, FOLLOW THROUGH w/ the consequences and you'll be moving in the right direction.

5 members found this post helpful.

Amberhill keeps saying she has "nothing to hide". Ok so if that is true, how about explaining all the reasons why the 9 yr old pony needed that long list of "medications" in order to show at Devon?

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    I have read the Ted Stevens act. It doesn't vest the USEF with the right to enforce criminal laws. Nor does it require criminal burdens of proof in USEF proceedings.

I think maybe you need to do some additional "consulting" before spouting off and looking really ill informed. If looking ill informed bothers you.
    [edit],

As you are an attorney, please communicate any further comments to my attorney, Tamara Tucker Esq.. I would think ethically you would have had a responsibility to notify me of your being an officer of the Court. I, myself, would not trust any attorney hiding behind a pseudonym, but that is just me. I wonder if your law firm knows you are using company time posting on forums.

My attorney's contact information is widely known and she can address any of your concerns from tis point further as I am merely a layperson.
    Last edited by Moderator 3; Jan. 17, 2013 at 04:27 PM. Reason: to remove identification of poster
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

I think I *will* be contacting your attorney, actually. Just left her a voicemail.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

22 members found this post helpful.

You are looking crazier and crazier by the mouthful.

Quote Originally Posted by amberhill View Post
    Ms. Veronica XXXXXXXX,

As you are an attorney, please communicate any further comments to my attorney, Tamara Tucker Esq.. I would think ethically you would have had a responsibility to notify me of your being an officer of the Court. I, myself, would not trust any attorney hiding behind a pseudonym, but that is just me. I wonder if your law firm knows you are using company time posting on forums.

My attorney's contact information is widely known and she can address any of your concerns from tis point further as I am merely a layperson.

3 members found this post helpful.

And I am quoting this for posterity. There is no ethical obligation requiring me to disclose on a public bulletin board whether or not I am happen to be an attorney. I have not posted in my capacity as such. I consider your post to a false accusation of unethical behavior by me, which I take seriously and will pursue as appropriate.
    Last edited by vxf111; Jan. 17, 2013 at 05:00 PM.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

20 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by gumshoe View Post
    Can you only see who has signed after you sign yourself? Could account for more than one signature. Folks just want to see who the other whackos are.

I don't care enough about who they are to sign it.
    No I didn't sign it. You don't have to to see the number of supporters.

People show outside the U.S. without dex. Can't show in Canada with dex. Just saying.
    Which is why the Canadians use a lot more of ACTH. Can one of the board vets weigh in on which is safer? My first reaction is that measurable amounts of Dex is the safest and easiest approach to regulate.

1 members found this post helpful.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Pony View Post
    This is such total and complete BS. A horse getting IV Antibiotics or DEX doesn't need to be at a horse show, let alone showing within 12 hours of the injection. Basically this statement proves they really don't give a crap.
    [[clapping]]
    Nothing says "I love you" like a tractor. (Clydejumper)

The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”

Ok so some anonymous user that hides behind a computer who used the phrase in a malicious fashion that did not have all the facts gets credit. Really?
    Really.

I don't like sadism, but I still need to credit the Marquis de Sade with the origin of the term.

And for I don't think it would be accurate to say that the COTHer who coined the term and named the thread using "Humble Initiative" did that for malicious reasons or did so without some requisite number of facts in hand (and what number would that be?).

The point of being fair and accurate with attribution-- not rewriting the public record because of your idiosyncratic preferences-- is demonstrating integrity and participation in a common conversation.
    It serves your purposes to get it right.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

2 members found this post helpful.

Holy cow.

Must check popcorn supply.

11 members found this post helpful.

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Quote Originally Posted by CBoylen View Post
    Which is why the Canadians use a lot more of ACTH. Can one of the board vets weigh in on which is safer? My first reaction is that measurable amounts of Dex is the safest and easiest approach to regulate.
    Dex is bad when used to the legal limits on an ongoing basis.
    ACTH is bad
    Dex+ACTH is really really really bad.

Guess which one is less likely to get abused in Canada?
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    If the article on Humble's death hadn't appeared in the NY Times, USEF wouldn't even be addressing the doping issue IMO. Ned Bonnie's idea was the only useful one to come out of that meeting, those other suggestions were pathetic. Lucassb had the right idea when she didn't renew her membership. Better to concentrate on developing a good unrated show series in your area and unsubscribe from USEF. Voting with your check book is the only way to get through to these people.
    Exactly. And I believe it was Long who said as much in his reference to "momentum" and just how difficult it is to work on a known issue like drugging without it.

That's an offensive attitude for a GOB to take, e. g. "Geez, we would have liked to have stopped drugging out animals for sport a while ago but, you see, we just didn't have the critical mass of public support for that kind of effort before."
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

2 members found this post helpful.

Never even heard of it. So don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by CBoylen View Post

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    And I am quoting this for posterity. There is no ethical obligation requiring me to disclose on a public bulletin board whether or not I am happen to be an attorney. I have not posted in my capacity as such. I consider your post to a false accusation of unethical behavior by me, which I take seriously and will pursue as appropriate.
    [edit]
    Last edited by Moderator 3; Jan. 17, 2013 at 05:10 PM. Reason: to remove personal attack/personal details
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

Wow. You've got a stalker. I've never had a stalker. Well, one crazy former fellow boarder but she gave up when I issued the cease and desist. I think she was every bit as crazy as this one. Maybe even a bit crazier.

Nah.

[edit]
    Last edited by Moderator 3; Jan. 18, 2013 at 02:49 PM.

I definitely do not have enough popcorn on hand at this rate.

6 members found this post helpful.

Never even heard of it. So don't know.
    Me neither! All I know is we had one horse that was at a show and broke out in hives. Vet prescribed Dex and the horse was withdrawn from competion with a vet note.
    Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

I will remind everyone to desist from personal attacks back and forth and concentrate on the original topic at hand, or the thread will be closed pronto.

Mod 3

Finally...back in civilization, more or less

Quote Originally Posted by mvp View Post
    Exactly. And I believe it was Long who said as much in his reference to "momentum" and just how difficult it is to work on a known issue like drugging without it.

That's an offensive attitude for a GOB to take, e. g. "Geez, we would have liked to have stopped drugging out animals for sport a while ago but, you see, we just didn't have the critical mass of public support for that kind of effort before."
    Absolutely agree.

I used to really respect the efforts of the D&M program and in fact, maintained an active membership even when I was not showing, to help support it. But these days, it seems like the problem has spiraled so far out of their control that it's practically useless. I mean, all you have to do to see the extent of the problem is walk through the stabling area at any big A show and see all the sharps filling up the conveniently located containers at the end of every tent. It's horrifying.

And the best our association leadership can come up with is, "maybe we should have a summit meeting." Good Lord, get a clue, USEF.
    We move pretty fast for some rabid garden snails.
    -PaulaEdwina