The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Ordering from Danforth Fine Used Saddles.....

Has anyone dealt with them or had problems with them? I order some items from her and I'm having a heck of a time trying to contact her....

I'm curious too as I just happened upon that website looking at saddles last night and something about it struck me as wrong. Some of the saddle descriptions were really, well, not right. Like a Tad Coffin was listed as French made. When I see something like that, I really wonder about about their knowledge.
    Last edited by horsepoor; Jan. 17, 2013 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Typo

wow nice EXPENSIVE used saddles some are beautiful and I want that dang Prestige or Devoucoux Chiberta XC
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

I just saw this as a suggested thread. There is another one regarding same company posted in h/j forum.
    http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...e-Used-Saddles
    "As you get older, the hardest thing about riding is the ground"- anonymous

Default Danforth Fine Used Saddles

Quote Originally Posted by anmoro View Post
    I just saw this as a suggested thread. There is another one regarding same company posted in h/j forum.
    http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...e-Used-Saddles
    I am currently trying to get a hold of them. The girl I've been dealing with is not reachable by phone, she NEVER answers it and her vm says "msg box is full" and I cannot leave a msg. She charged my cc for a Devoucoux and promised to get me the tracking # immediately. A wk later I have not recieved the saddle but my cc was charged as soon as I had given it to her. I called her several times to no avail and e-mailed her and got no response. After I threatened her on their FB page she suddenly sent me an e-mail with a tracking # from Fedex saying the saddle JUST shipped an HOUR ago. She deleted my msgs on FB and still has not called me to discuss this poor customer service. I previously dealt with Patricia at Fine Used Saddles and everything went smoothly. If you're a potential buyer Danforth will call you immediately, once you have paid, Good Luck!

I, too, have had MAJOR issues with this company. Buyers and consignors beware!!!!!

Default Great service

Quote Originally Posted by Sloeryder View Post
    Has anyone dealt with them or had problems with them? I order some items from her and I'm having a heck of a time trying to contact her....
    I have had several great transactions all within the last 6 months. Selling, buying and trading in. She has always been responsive by phone, email, even texting! I highly recommend them. Selling on your own is never going to be as fast and easy.

She has communication issues, which is a shame because she has a nice selection of saddles.

Default Danforth

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    She has communication issues, which is a shame because she has a nice selection of saddles.
    Although Danforth has nice saddles, they have terrible customer service. We received a beautiful saddle, but not the size specified. After numerous calls, and emails, we were finally told we could send it back for a full refund. That was 3 months ago, now we have no saddle, no refund, and no response.

I may be biased....... .......... but I have worked with I Sell Tack.com and have had nothing but great experiences!!!
    Randee Beckman ~Otteridge Farm, LLC (http://on.fb.me/1iJEqvR)~ Marketing Manager - The Clothes Horse

Call your credit card company and have them pursue it.
    "My treasures do not chink or gleam, they glitter in the sun and neigh at night."
    ~Gypsy saying

1 members found this post helpful.

I AGREE WITH RANDEE!! Rachel at http://www.iselltack.com/ is great!!
    I have referred friends to buy and sell tack, and everyone has been happy with the outcome...

Jesse Baker

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBred View Post
    I may be biased....... .......... but I have worked with I Sell Tack.com and have had nothing but great experiences!!!

^ Agreed I may also be biased but Rachel is WONDERFUL!
    "People who think their brains are not worth protecting are probably right!"
    - quoted by Martha Drum

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    I have had several great transactions all within the last 6 months. Selling, buying and trading in. She has always been responsive by phone, email, even texting! I highly recommend them. Selling on your own is never going to be as fast and easy.
    No, but you always are in the know as to exactly what is going on when you do it yourself.

What was the outcome?

Old post, but agree with the others above. Rachel at I Sell Tack is awesome. Made selling my saddle super easy and is always quick to get back to me!