The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Horseware Liners- true to size?

I searched the archives, and I have a few questions about using a Rambo Supreme turnout sheet and adding a liner:

1) Are the liners true to size and true to turnout blanket size? If an 81" turnout sheet fits Wizard but is a little roomy, should he get an 81" liner? Or would a 78" liner be a better idea?

2) Do the liners shrink much with frequent washings? Do you strictly follow the instructions when you wash the liners?

3) Is there a difference between the Horseware liner and the Rambo liner?

Thanks in advance. They seem like a nice option, especially since he's now on 24/7 turnout.
    Sarah K. Andrew | Twitter | Blog | Horses & Hope calendar | Flickr | Website

I use Rambo liners with Amigo sheets/blankets and use the same size liner as the blanket. (My horses wear a size smaller in Amigo than they measure, so not "true to size" but "true to turnout size.")
    Have not noticed any shrinkage with a few washings. IIRC, the laundry directions are those symbols that I can't interpret. I usually start filling the washer with wash water to maybe 1/3 full, then change it to cold water. I use my regular Surf detergent for liners.
    I'm not aware of a "Horseware" liner. I did see Horse.com offering an "Amigo" liner which I thought was a little less expensive than the Rambo ones--could just be their price was lower though.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by OTTBs View Post
    I use Rambo liners with Amigo sheets/blankets and use the same size liner as the blanket. (My horses wear a size smaller in Amigo than they measure, so not "true to size" but "true to turnout size.")
    Have not noticed any shrinkage with a few washings. IIRC, the laundry directions are those symbols that I can't interpret. I usually start filling the washer with wash water to maybe 1/3 full, then change it to cold water. I use my regular Surf detergent for liners.
    I'm not aware of a "Horseware" liner. I did see Horse.com offering an "Amigo" liner which I thought was a little less expensive than the Rambo ones--could just be their price was lower though.
    Thank you!

I use the Rambo duo liners with a Rhino sheet with the duo system. They are the same size (72") and 72 is her normal blanket size. Haven't noticed any shrinking after a wash

Thanks for the info!

One more question: does the Rambo Duo liner work with the Rambo Supreme turnout?

Quote Originally Posted by Alibhai's Alibar View Post
    Thanks for the info!

One more question: does the Rambo Duo liner work with the Rambo Supreme turnout?
    I could not find the info online, but according to the Dover catalog, they will work together- fingers crossed that they really do!

Quote Originally Posted by Alibhai's Alibar View Post
    I don't have the Supreme, but I'm still pretty sure it will work with the Duo liner. Even if it doesn't have the metal loops at the neckline to attach the liner to (Velcro straps on the liner), you can probably just snap the back snaps of the liner to the dees for the tail cord on the outer blanket. I bet it will stay in place fine.

All of the Rambo liners work with the Rambo turnouts that take liners in them except for the new optima which has the gusset (the have liners with gussets for them). I have the liner in a new original with leg arches and it fits perfectly - same size blanket and liner.

Thank you- I appreciate the info!

I washed my liners last year, a 300g and 400g, and no shrinkage They are also true to size according to Rambos sizing. I know that sometimes in their blankets you make have to size up or down, but I do have the Rambo Duo in an 81, which is what my horse is, and the 81 liners fit beautifully.

They are pretty durable, only problem I have encountered with them is don't snag that material on anything otherwise it will easily tear, I mean not anything a needle and thread cant fix, but it is annoying a bit.

I would still recommend the liners to anyone!
    Forrest Gump, 15, OTTB
    Little Bit Indian, 27, TB

Owner of Spur of the Moment, Custom made spur straps! Find us on Facebook