The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Chuck Waters-Contact info or any luck finding info on a horse he sold?

Hi-
    I'm looking for info on a horse sold by Chuck Waters quite a while ago in Western PA. The horse is happily retired now after a successful career but he was a once in a lifetime horse and I would like to find out more info about his origins.

His papers were "lost", not sure if they ever got to Chuck or were "lost" by my trainer at the time, doesn't really matter. Neither I nor my parents knew enough to ask the right questions at the time of sale so I am left with very little info, other than he has Holstiener brand with 89 below it and is a 17'2 bay '89 or '90 gelding (best guess on birth date). I contacted the Holstiener breed registries and they say they either need a dam name or life number to gather more info. He was sold to us in 1999 as a Children's Hunter.

Bottom line- does anyone know how to contact Chuck? Has anyone had any success finding out more about a horse he sold? As I said, the horse is completely a pasture pet at this point, I am only interested to satisfy my own curiosity. I know this is a long shot, thanks in advance for any info!

He's in Sparr, Florida according to USEF, no addy available.

There is a bay 1989 Hano gelding listed as sold on his recorded horse list. It's name was yipee-ki-ay at the time, that the one? Imagine it would have had that name changed by whoever bought it.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

I *think* he has Waterworks farm - http://horse-stables.findthebest.com...aterworks-Farm

What is/was his show name? Pics of the horse? Chuck sells a lot of horses, "bay Holsteiner" is almost certainly too vague.