The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Fabled Monarch?

I've been offered a mare by Fabled Monarch... Tell me everything! Do I want her?
    Not all who wander are lost.

Ralando II

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

wasn't Fabled Monarch the stallion that stood at Warioto way back when? If so, Hattie (posts on here) had a mare by him. She speaks very highly of the mare and her offspring. (oops, it was that mare's son that was a FM - old brain can't hardly remember anything anymore!)
    Last edited by DMK; Jan. 16, 2013 at 01:01 PM.
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

Do it! He is the sire of Tindle a extremely successful working hunter from back in the late 80's and 90's. Also the sire of a very successful stallion who showed in the amateur owners named The Party's Over.

Fabled Monarch was a lovely bred TB stallion that stood at Warioto Farms for years. I had a very nice chestnut TB gelding by Fabled Monarch that was a beautiful mover and good jumper that I showed in the adults amateurs and won quite a bit.

I would certainly take her to add to a broodmare band. Those bloodlines are hard to find. I'm sure she is a beautiful mare on top of that.

I went ahead and said yes, simply on the damsire - my favorite boy Absolut'. Glad to know its just as good on the top side!
    Not all who wander are lost.

Ralando II

Default Fabled Monarch

The grandsire of my mare is Fabled Monarch. She is a fantastic mover and jumper. Vineyridge did a pedigree analysis on my mare, and wrote a bit about Fabled Monarch you might find interesting. I am not sure if I am posting this link correctly, but if you search Amacook you will find the thread.

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...hlight=amacook

Good luck with your new mare, if she is anything like my mare you are very lucky!

There is a huge gorgeous one in the stall right beside my gelding at my hunter barn. She can jump high! The owner offered to sell her to me to breed since the mare is getting on, I think she is 15 yo. I am really not a pro breeder, so I declined. But there is no doubt in my mind she would make great babies.

I, too, own a mare who is by Fabled Monarch. She is fabulous. I actually purchased her from Warioto. She has given me 3 wonderful babies with her looks and temperment.

The horse in my profile pic is one of hers. She stamped him.
    Come to the dark side, we have cookies