The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Interesting bred racehorse for sport

I have nothing to do with this horse, have never seen him in person and don't know his connections, but...

A horse ran today at Beulah in Grove City OH named Auto King. He was bred by Gainesborough (now disbanded due to death of principal) and is bred all over to be a sport horse. He's by Quiet American, a son of Fappiano. (Sire of Unbridled) His dam is Vana Turns, which makes this horse a 1/2 brother to the very handsome and popular Petionville.

Here's Petionville http://www.bloodhorse.com/stallion-r...18/petionville

Auto King http://www.pedigreequery.com/auto+king ran today for a $2500 claiming tag, finishing third.

Again, I have nothing to gain here and for all I know this horse is a mess, but he's six and running albeit at a very low level. He sold for only $18k as a yearling, so he might have had some issues, but his breeding isn't very "commercial" and most of the Gainesborough horses were bred to race, not sell. So often I see people ask about their horse's pedigree for sport that when one that appears SO bred for it appears in the past performances, I notice.
    F O.B
    Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique

1 members found this post helpful.

Looks like he has had 42 starts. Fairly consistent record. Watching some of his videos he looks very attractive too......and looked to have a good mind (just pulled up to a walk, polite in the win circle). No idea if he is sound....but he is pretty
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

1 members found this post helpful.