The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default No Freeze Hose Thread Deleted?

I have been gone a couple days and now can't locate the No Freeze Hose thread. Did it get deleted? Has anyone else gotten their back-ordered hose yet? I was really watching this to see how the hose worked, to see if it was worth ordering.

Hoping it isn't one of those "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't true" kind of things.

Thanks

I know it disappeared completely, however I know someone posted that they, the seller, were canceling orders. I played dumb and inquired today about mine and was told it would ship this afternoon and low and behold I received tracking info for the shipment so we will see if it shows up or if it goes "missing in transit" keeping my fingers crossed!
    Last edited by SPF10; Jan. 15, 2013 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Clarity
    "They spend 11 months stuggling to live, and 25 years trying to die" my farrier

"They are dangerous on both ends and crafty in the middle"

1 members found this post helpful.

The person that started the thread was the dealer doing it under the guise of "has anyone tried these". Advertising isn't allowed...

After seeing that thread, I did some googling and found this. FlexAble Hose. Has anyone used one?

http://www.flexablehose.com/

No I'm not a reseller or affiliated with them in any way.

I saw an ad for the "FlexAble Hose" on TV the other night. I was just thinking that it would be awesome for my little barn. For watering and for bathing.

I wonder if it's sturdy enough though. It looks like kind of a fabric on the outside so I'm thinking it could snag on things. And what if a hoof were to step on it?

For $20 though I'm thinking it's worth a try. Takes 3-4 weeks for delivery though

Turn off your sound if you click on the flexble link. I HATE websites with audio!

It is sad that they deleted the whole thread though. Since really the thread was doing the business more harm than good.

I sure hope everyone gets their hoses. Please post if you do. My elbow is killing me from carrying bucket.

Tiffani, I saw that hose on TV and wondered if it would work in the barn too.

Just a heads up...I found what I think is the same hose which can be ordered from China for a lot cheaper. If you go to ebay and search, you'll find it. If not the same hose, it's very, very similar. I'm waiting till spring and ordering from there. Usually free shipping too.
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    It is sad that they deleted the whole thread though. Since really the thread was doing the business more harm than good...
    I had been following that thread until a few days ago (didn't have the time to spare). Does the "doing the business more harm than good" mean folks were saying it wasn't all it was supposed to be?

Quote Originally Posted by goneriding24 View Post
    Just a heads up...I found what I think is the same hose which can be ordered from China for a lot cheaper. If you go to ebay and search, you'll find it. If not the same hose, it's very, very similar. I'm waiting till spring and ordering from there. Usually free shipping too.
    Can't find anything but heated hose on eBay. What did you search under? I tried "no freeze hose" and "freezeless hose".

Thanks!
    Equus Keepus Brokus

IIRC the connection ends were freezing. Which made it useless.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    IIRC the connection ends were freezing. Which made it useless.
    Thanks, Laura. That would certainly render the hose useless.
    Equus Keepus Brokus

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty View Post
    Does the "doing the business more harm than good" mean folks were saying it wasn't all it was supposed to be?
    Everyone was talking about having not gotten their hoses and everyone figured out they were all being told they are first on the list for their hose to be shipped when production starts, etc.

How about the Xhose? Looks just like the other one (Flexable Hose)
    https://www.xhose.com/?s_kwcid=TC|62...FcsWMgodMyEAxA

Would that be good to water an arena??
    If so that would make an awesome gift for my BO!

$60 for 100 feet of hose + $10 shipping is pretty reasonable.
    A friend told me I was delusional. I almost fell off my unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by TFF View Post
    I saw an ad for the "FlexAble Hose" on TV the other night. I was just thinking that it would be awesome for my little barn. For watering and for bathing.

I wonder if it's sturdy enough though. It looks like kind of a fabric on the outside so I'm thinking it could snag on things. And what if a hoof were to step on it?

For $20 though I'm thinking it's worth a try. Takes 3-4 weeks for delivery though
    I'm thinking it would be great for horse shows!!!

I wonder how that Xhose would hold up to the higher pressure of hydrants? I've had other hoses blow out from it.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoMare View Post
    I wonder how that Xhose would hold up to the higher pressure of hydrants? I've had other hoses blow out from it.
    That is what I was wondering too. Garden spraying is NOT bucket or tank filling.

I have a cloth hose, some kind of a "camper special" I found at a tack sale. Winds up flat on a small reel, takes up about as much space as a small book. Great for in the trailer, but kind of a pain to use because it folds and kinks so easily. Sure BEATS CARRYING water buckets though, which is why I haul it. Also super handy for a show washrack, I don't have to wait or put up with leaky junk hoses or NO HOSE at all!! Cloth hose would never stand up to daily barn use, way too flimsy. But the price was right, like $2, and it has been very handy in the trailer.

Saw that thread but didn't have time to look into it. I was intrigued as it sounds impossible to accomplish by the laws of physics unless there were some energy source to replace the heat lost to the cold environment throughout the length of the hose, moreover a source both efficient and safe.
    If I knew what I were doing, why would I take lessons?

"Things should be as simple as possible,
    but no simpler." - Einstein

I have one- posted on the other thread. I took advice from another poster and take the hose in at night, since the connector ends kept freezing. It's not really no-freeze but I like the hose. I think it's good for what it is. It's lightweight and drains itself- turn it off and it goes flat. Because it's so lightweight and it drains, it's easy to take in and bring back out for filling water buckets. It isn't exactly as miraculous as I hoped but saves a lot of work. I am glad to have it now that I've figured out its quirks and limits.

Which hose do you have Mayfair?

A hose you have to take in at night is just a hose.

2 members found this post helpful.