The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by meupatdoes View Post
    I have been riding around in the 10 degree gloves by SSG and I love them. I actually like that they are a bit thick and "dampen" the feel, mainly because it encourages me to ride with my back and elbows holistically instead of fiddling about with the fingers and wrists.

Also, not being completely frozen doesn't hurt.
    I use these for trail riding on cold days, or arena riding on REALLY cold days. They are grippy, but do dampen the feel a bit.

For regular colder-weather riding, I use SSG Windstoppers. They are NOT waterproof, though. (I have some sort of waterproof gloves, or wear open-finger wool gloves over them when it's wet.)

Summer, I use crochet gloves in various colors.
    You have to have experiences to gain experience.

Proudly owned by Mythic Feronia, 1998 Morgan mare; G-dspeed Trump & Minnie; welcome 2014 Morgan filly MtnTop FlyWithMeJosephine

Thanks for your feedback on my post. I just purchased the new Treadstepper Dressage gloves and I like them even better than the Roeckls.

I have RSLs. They don't feel like they would be grippy, but on the reins they feel fantastic!

For waterproof winter gloves that I can wear around the barn and then go hop on and ride are the ones by Mountain Horse.
    The only thing the government needs to solve all of its problems is a Council of Common Sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dramapony_misty View Post
    I have RSLs. They don't feel like they would be grippy, but on the reins they feel fantastic!

For waterproof winter gloves that I can wear around the barn and then go hop on and ride are the ones by Mountain Horse.
    I think RSLs are what my winter gloves are...I use them for working around the barn, though, because they just aren't right for me in the saddle. They are seriously sticky! Almost too much for me!

I like Heritage gloves for everyday.

http://www.heritagegloves.com/PerfGPrints.html
    --Luck is what happens when preparedness meets opportunity--

My favorite are the SSG All Weather gloves. I have the silk inserts that go with them for winter. They've got good grip and aren't too bulky, although in very cold weather (below 30) my fingers sometimes get cold.

Signature Leather!

Warning: If you try on a pair of these gloves, you will never want to wear anything else...

http://www.signature-leather.com/ind...turesport.html

I like the SSG All Weather. They are relatively cheap ($20) so for someone like me that loses things they work well enough and I don't stress over them. I am looking for a glove to use in colder weather though and thought about trying their winter version.
    Brianna
    briannadressage.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by baxtersmom View Post
    Signature Leather!

Warning: If you try on a pair of these gloves, you will never want to wear anything else...

http://www.signature-leather.com/ind...turesport.html
    How do these hold up to daily use? I just have a hard time shelling out that kind of cash for anything that I use just for shows.

SSG Show Pros - brought some when I was on holiday in USA and they are beautiful and grippy. I wear them all the time now. Hope I can get some more sent over when I wear them out!

Right now, I am living in a combination of the new Back on Track ceramic glove liners and the SSG 10 Below gloves. It's amazing - I suffer from Reynaud's and used to have to stop my lesson after about 20 minutes to use my hand warmers, but after getting those glove liners my hands actually sweat rather than lose circulation.

You're going to laugh. My FAVORITE gloves are leather palm gardening gloves that cost $7.99 at my local grocery store. I buy a pair every spring. The back of the gloves are canvass so they breath in the summer heat. They have a velcro tab at the wrist. They quickly mold to my hand shape and fit, well, like a glove. I'd show in them too but they don't come in white - just nice shades of blue, green, and lavender. Once I've got a summer season of wear on them, they move on to be my actual gardening gloves. Show gloves: SGG