The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Your favorite blankets?

Let me know what you have for:
    Stable sheet-
    Turn out-
    Stable blanket-
    Wool Dress Sheet-
    Cooler-
    Scrim-
    Fly Sheet-

The blankets I have now will last the season with some ghetto duck tape repair on one of the stable blankets, but I'm going to need new ones. I guess that's what you get for waiting until last minute to get your blankets and ending up with cheapies.
    .אני יכול לעשות הכל על ידי אלוהים

I love the Thermo Manager from SmartPak which does triple duty as a cooler/stable sheet/travel sheet. It looks quite elegant and is only $60.

I also just ordered (but have not yet received) the Ballistic Nylon 10 year guarantee turnout sheet from SmartPak, since my horse is hard on his blankets and I don't want to have to buy a new one for him until he is 20.

1 members found this post helpful.

Stable sheet- I have a baker for shows and a generic dover one for home
    Turn out- heavy blanket is a Rambo Optimo, midweight is an Amigo sheet is also an Amigo
    Stable blanket- Schneiders
    Wool Dress Sheet- the clothes horse
    Cooler- ones I got from shows (I only use them for schooling)
    Fly Sheet- I have a rambo one.
    I LOVE my wool dress sheet and my optimo, the only thing to pay attention to for them is that they run quite a bit big but they are super durable and warm

I like the turnout blanket and sheets from Tack of the Day. They're on there quite often, so not hard to get them. Not very expensive, and long lasting.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

I don't have any stable sheets or blankets any more, as my horses live out. Everything I have (with the exception of coolers and such) is a turnout. I have a Rambo sheet that is nearing the end of its useable life and a Schneider's Euro Sheet that is pretty darn good for the money. I have a medium-weight Weather-Beeta that just won't seem to die (unlike every other W-B blanket I've bought), an ancient but still worthy heavyweight Rambo, and a heavyweight Wug. I love the Rambos.

I have a Centaur waffle weave that I use for cooling out on warmish days, and an older Triple Crown cooler. My show stuff is mostly Triple Crown, although the scrim is an Eskadron.
    Life would be infinitely better if pinatas suddenly appeared throughout the day.

1 members found this post helpful.

Are Schneider's blankets too good to be true? Their prices are pretty unbelievable, so I'm wondering...what's wrong with them? Any user experiences on how they hold up? I'm getting ready to re-outfit, and right now I can't swallow the prices of Rambos (even though these are what I used to use for years, and these are still in great shape).

All my favorites are from The Clothes Horse. Wool dress sheet, scrim, rain sheet, winter blanket, stable sheet all from The Clothes Horse.

Rambo everything, Baker, and Beval

Stable sheet: Baker
    Turnout: All Rambo (except one WeatherBeeta blanket, which I bought because it was Joules and had awesome polkadots, and one Baker sheet)
    Stable blanket: Centaur
    Wool Dress Sheet: Dover
    Cooler: One Dover, one Rambo
    Scrim: Centaur
    Fly sheet: Don't use one
    Last edited by Sunnyhorse; Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:47 PM.

I think I'm over the Baker stable blankets.

I used to really like them, especially on my gelding because it looked nice and fit well. But recently I checked his Baker and it was SOOO TIGHT on his withers. Just bad. Maybe when his blanket was changed, it just wasn't pulled forward enough. But it's going in storage and he'll be in a blanket that isn't as likely to do that.

Love Rambo and Rhino. Weatherbeeta, too!

Rambo quarter sheets.
    Born under a rock and owned by beasts!

Here are the blankets/ sheets/ coolers that I have and use regularly on my guy right now. Eventually I would like to have Rambos for Houston but as this was my first year with him I didn't want to buy pricey blankets if he was going to destroy them or grow/ change at all.

Stable sheet- Baker Sheet
    Turn out- Sheet: Amigo Bravo, Medium: Weatherbeeta Taka Detach-a-Neck
    Stable blanket- Baker Blanket
    Cooler- Rambo Newmarket and the Centaur Turbo Dry

Wool Dress Sheet- don't have one and likely won't buy one
    Scrim- need to get one so interested in the responses as well!
    Fly Sheet- don't use... I think my horse would roast
    Equestrian At Hart - My Blog - adventures of a big opinionated BWP

I have 3 blankets- a medium weight weatherbeeta, a light weight kensington, and a baker sheet. While I am happy with all three, the kensington is my favorite. I also have a wool cooler from Triple Crown that I absolutely love- it is gorgeous, fits well, and wicks well

Stable sheet- Schneiders (for everyday) and The Clothes Horse (for shows)
    Turn out- Schneiders (for me they last and if they don't I don't mind getting a new one for little more than the cost to launder and repair a 'nice' one...plus at 1200D they are amazing quality for the price)
    Stable blanket- Schneiders (for everyday) The Clothes Horse (for shows)
    Wool Dress Sheet- Centaur (amazing quality for the price and similar colors to TCH so I can use it for shows too)
    Cooler- Prize coolers! I have been fortunate enough to win some and I use the heck out of them!
    Scrim- TCH
    Fly Sheet- Rambo Buzz Blocker

I really love Schneiders for everyday stuff. We have five horses so that is a TON of clothes and you can't beat their prices. Plus, they give me quite a few coupons and bonus bucks. Are they Rambo quality? No, but the day I have to pay for five new Rambo turnouts I'm going to vomit!

Quote Originally Posted by hunterrider23 View Post
    Let me know what you have for:
    Stable sheet-
    Turn out-
    Stable blanket-
    Wool Dress Sheet-
    Cooler-
    Scrim-
    Fly Sheet-

The blankets I have now will last the season with some ghetto duck tape repair on one of the stable blankets, but I'm going to need new ones. I guess that's what you get for waiting until last minute to get your blankets and ending up with cheapies.
    I like the Storm Shield line at Schneider's for turnout blankets. I don't like the Dura-Tech line nearly as much. They don't seem to last particularly well.

Really I get as many of my horse's clothes from Schneider's as possible. I've found the stuff to be relatively inexpensive without being cheaply made. They stand up well to my active and destructive Arab.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkeqs View Post
    Are Schneider's blankets too good to be true? Their prices are pretty unbelievable, so I'm wondering...what's wrong with them? Any user experiences on how they hold up? I'm getting ready to re-outfit, and right now I can't swallow the prices of Rambos (even though these are what I used to use for years, and these are still in great shape).
    My very active and destructive Arab has been in the Storm Shield New Britton for the last two years. It still looks brand new (when its clean!). My mare is in one of the Storm Shield Euros. I've only had her (and the blanket) since this summer, but it's so far survived her pasture mate biting at it incessantly. She's old so has been wearing the blanket pretty much daily since October.

Favories?

Stable sheet- RGI waffle weave. There just isn't anything prettier or fancier, IMHO.

Turn out-Rambos.

Stable blanket-I think Clothes Horse makes the nicest. Bakes are also nice and traditional when they fit my horse's specific body type.

Wool Dress Sheet- Clothes Horse or RGI.

Cooler-Rambo Newmarket fleece or RGI.

Scrim- Clothes Horse.

Fly Sheet- Rambo, the one embedded with fly repellant. I am blanking on the style name.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Stable sheet- Baker- meh. Beautiful, but it collects SO many shavings, and my horse has managed to rip it in a new place every season. I will now only keep one for shows!

Turn out- Dover International Supreme. Holy COW this thing is awesome. I hate it because it's ugly, but I love it because it fits like it was made for my leggy, high-withered, 16.3 Oldenburg. Zero rubs, even after wearing it for several months. Also, he plays VERY hard and this sucker has lasted for SEVEN YEARS. Not one hole. It's the 250g one.
    I also have Baker 400g turnout, and it's very pretty, but the filling is weird. It got all bunchy and strange after one washing.

Stable blanket- Baker. Less sticky than the sheet, and I really only use it for shows. It's very nice but runs small IMO.

Wool Dress Sheet- Triple Crown. Love the quality but it was for an old barn in bizarre colors. I have this The Clothes Horse on order. Soo excited! http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ps996587b3.jpg

Cooler- Baker. Great for every day stuff.

Scrim- TCH in the near future!

Fly Sheet- None. He really doesn't like wearing clothes, and the flies aren't nearly as bad in CO as FL.

Quote Originally Posted by showidaho View Post
    Wool Dress Sheet- Centaur (amazing quality for the price and similar colors to TCH so I can use it for shows too)
    Have to second this one! One of their color options is my barn's colors to a "T", so I bought one and had it monogrammed. I figured for $100, why not? Looks just as nice as the Integrity sheet I had in the past and any of the TCH or Triple Crown sheets I've felt.

I am a sales rep for Equitex and we have our own blanket line. Everything is custom and as beautiful, cozy for your horse and high quality as you can imagine. I can give you pictures and prices if you PM me.

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Ditto on the schneiders blankets. I finally "retired" one after 7 years just because I wanted a change (that and a burgundy faded blanket on a clipped chestnut is a barfworthy visual combination - now he has a green blanket so he's christmas-y In retrospect, I'm not sure it's better! ). Mine also go out unless it is pouring and one horse has a run attached to his stall so he could go out if it was pouring. Anyway, lots of mud and red GA clay and those blankets get a workout from the weather (but mine are not particularly rough on blankets).

The dura techs are just not durable, nor do they fit that well, but its a great blanket on a budget and I've known people who got two seasons out of them on a pasture pony, so that's not bad for $60. I use them for young horses who a) might destroy it and b) will outgrow it.

For show coolers/scrims I have everything from integrity linens to clothes horse to an older wilsun's. No complaints with any of them.
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.