The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    True Fairfax, but you and I both know there is a problem in Canada... banned pharmaceuticals in the meat, fraudulent EIDs, etc.
    More notably, the EU knows.

3 members found this post helpful.

The EU is not the only market for horse meat. Asia does not have the same requirements for horse meat. The meat could be sent there and still be within the law. That is if all the RARAs say is true about drugs being in the meat.
    I support equine meat processing as an option for those who choose to use it.

1 members found this post helpful.

I support the cleaning of all food products making them safe. I remember when there was a pharmaceutical scandal in Germany where substitutions were made between generic and "true" drugs. People died. A company was bankrupt and the BOD all went to jail and lost their life savings

All done in the name of greed because the drugs were going to Africa. No one would know.

Mislabel..drugs PROVEN to be harmful..no problem.

It is going to take time. For that I am sure. And there is still going to be a demand for equine meat for pet food and also people food in many Asian countries ...and with the way the EU is going...I don't think it is going to be around for a long time. Germany, Holland, Norway, Denmark etc are all talking of withdrawal.

They prefer to ship the horses to Japan alive. They like them fresh. They also like draft horses the most. Their TBs go to pet food and fertilizer. Their prime supplier used to be Canada via the PMU farms (when they shipped the foals to auction and I suppose the excess adults too. I'd wager that meat was probably a lot safer then riding and racehorses too, they wouldn't be full of drugs (if any at all). I guess that is still probably the main source.
    Every mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground.

Proud Closet Canterer! Member Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.

There is no PMU industry anymore. They are using synthetic drugs. There may still be the odd PMU farm but I have not heard of any. Japan is only one country. Many other Asian countries import horse meat. They do not import live horses due to the cost, just the meat.
    I support equine meat processing as an option for those who choose to use it.

2 members found this post helpful.

Eat clean, and eat beef and poultry from a farmer who has raised his own, Grass fed, free range. We do not eat horse, so what is the problem.
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." Caffeinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    Eat clean, and eat beef and poultry from a farmer who has raised his own, Grass fed, free range. We do not eat horse, so what is the problem.
    Heck, if the horse is from the same source....

I think this should serve the collective us as a wake up call!
    4 conglomerates hold the strings of the world's food distribution, 4 plants package all the meat in the US...

All the while the local farmers struggle.
    As the saying goes: Think Global Shop Local.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.

4 members found this post helpful.

Mmmmmmm..... It is what many have been saying - get farming local.
    from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by hurleycane View Post
    Mmmmmmm..... It is what many have been saying - get farming local.
    AMEN!!!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." Caffeinated.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderhorseguy View Post
    The EU is not the only market for horse meat. Asia does not have the same requirements for horse meat. The meat could be sent there and still be within the law. That is if all the RARAs say is true about drugs being in the meat.
    And you know the Asian requirements how?
    TIA for posting the links to that information here.

I have to ask this question? I know it's the wrong thing to do, but I HAVE to ask. Why dose anyone give a Rats patoot what Asia, Japan, Europe eats?
    If we are not eating it who cares!

Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    I have to ask this question? I know it's the wrong thing to do, but I HAVE to ask. Why dose anyone give a Rats patoot what Asia, Japan, Europe eats?
    If we are not eating it who cares!
    I don't care what they eat.
    I care what kind of product we export to other countries for them to eat, and if it's not safe or does not meet their regulations.

If the shoe was on the other foot and we were importing a harmful product from them, that was against regulations, that would not be acceptable.
    I don't think it's right to send them meat with drugs in it, when we know that they do not want a tainted product.

Just because we can dupe them, even if we think their regulations are stupid or the substances aren't as harmful as they think they are, doesn't mean we should.
    It's really sad that some think it IS ok to do.

The point is it's a problem for these drugs to be in there for the consumer. That is not cool:
    http://www.kspr.com/sns-ap-eu-europe...,1546275.story
    Last edited by Angela Freda; Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Freda View Post
    I don't care what they eat.
    I care what kind of product we export to other countries for them to eat, and if it's not safe or does not meet their regulations.

If the shoe was on the other foot and we were importing a harmful product from them, that was against regulations, that would not be acceptable.
    I don't think it's right to send them meat with drugs in it, when we know that they do not want a tainted product.

Just because we can dupe them, even if we think their regulations are stupid or the substances aren't as harmful as they think they are, doesn't mean we should.
    It's really sad that some think it IS ok to do.

The point is it's a problem for these drugs to be in there for the consumer. That is not cool:
    http://www.kspr.com/sns-ap-eu-europe...,1546275.story
    I don't think that is quite what Sannois had in mind with her question, but of course I don't know.

My take, the question here is, why does anyone think they can demand what others eat or don't eat?

What you answered is not that, but back to the old trite "someone may break laws and regulations".
    That maybe one of your excuses, but is really not a sensible reason to impose your will on others.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    I don't think that is quite what Sannois had in mind with her question, but of course I don't know.

My take, the question here is, why does anyone think they can demand what others eat or don't eat?

What you answered is not that, but back to the old trite "someone may break laws and regulations".
    That maybe one of your excuses, but is really not a sensible reason to impose your will on others.
    Thank you Bluey, that is EXACTLY what I meant. Ay least you understood!
    Amen to that. You put it much better than I could!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post

Sannois question was:
    Why dose anyone give a Rats patoot what Asia, Japan, Europe eats?

I answered.
    If you don't like the answer cause it doesn't portray me the way you want me portrayed, sorry.
    But that is my answer, I couldn't care less what they eat.

I am not trying to impose my will on others, but to make sure that their will, their requirement that certain drugs not be in those meats, be met.
    It's really a terrible commentary on our nation that others don't care what we sell others, that because we think 'those substances aren't tooo bad' that we are willing to dupe them with selling them the very thing they don't want.

If we were selling them cars with brakes that failed, or drywall with cancer causing agents in it, or whatever... it would equally be wrong [but not a topic for this bb].
    Last edited by Angela Freda; Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:30 PM. Reason: spelling

4 members found this post helpful.

Sannois question was:
    Why dose anyone give a Rats patoot what Asia, Japan, Europe eats?

I answered.
    If you don't like the answer cause it doesn't portray me the way you want me portrayed, sorry.
    But that is my answer, I couldn't care less what they eat and I am not trying to impose my will on others, but to make sure that their will, their requirement that certain drugs not be in those meats, be met.

give it up.

I ma sure I can find a couple of post from you from the past that do exactly state what you claim you don't to: trying to impose your believes on everybody else.

If you don't care what somebody else eats, you should not be opposed to them actually eating it.

and since you do not eat it, what is it to you whether or not their regulations are upheld!
    it's their problem. Not yours.

Thre have been enough outcries about them 'eating our horses' to even for a second give you the benefit of a doubt.

You are against slaughter of horses for human consumption. That pretty much in a nutshell implies you do care about what other people eat.
    Or let me rephrase it: You don't care as long as they pick off a menu approved by you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.

Thank God Bluey was able to understand the question, as I sure didn't read it the way Bluey says it was meant. I read it to mean exactly what it said.... who gives a rats ar$e what others eat.
    Many, many people actually do give a rats a$$. Especially when it involves the abuse of animals. The method of obtaining shark fin for that oh so sought after soup, the hunting of whales that are on the brink of extinction, etc etc, the list goes on and on. One does not have to be a card carrying member of any animal rights group to see that there is a problem with how humans obtain their food.
    Last edited by up-at-5; Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:33 PM. Reason: typo yet again
    "My doctrine is this, that if we see cruelty or wrong that we have the power to stop, and do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt.”
    ― Anna Sewell

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post

give it up.

I ma sure I can find a couple of post from you from the past that do exactly state what you claim you don't to: trying to impose your believes on everybody else.

If you don't care what somebody else eats, you should not be opposed to them actually eating it.

and since you do not eat it, what is it to you whether or not their regulations are upheld!

Thre have been enough outcries about them 'eating our horses' to even for a second give you the benefit of a doubt.

You are against slaughter of horses for human consumption. That pretty much in a nutshell implies you do care about what other people eat.
    Or let me rephrase it: You don't care as long as they pick off a menu approved by you.
    I care what they eat to the extent that they should not be receiving imports from us that we know may contain substances they very clearly have regulations against. Other than that, I have no objection.

I would be thrilled for you to try to find a post where I wrote that they should not eat horse because it IS horse... Be my guest.

And what I bolded is a really sad statement on how some feel about what we sell to others... it's their problem... who cares? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    what is it to you whether or not their regulations are upheld!
    note to self: never eat any food prepared by Alagirl.
    "My doctrine is this, that if we see cruelty or wrong that we have the power to stop, and do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt.”
    ― Anna Sewell

And you know the Asian requirements how?
    TIA for posting the links to that information here.
    I am sure Wonderhorse will be happy to share with you when you provide the solution and alternative to effectively eliminate 100,000 horses from the "pipeline" as you stated you would.

You never bothered to provide a link Angela when you proudly supported the RARA's and Canadian Equine Defence Coalition when they proclaimed ALL SLAUGHTER CEASED. Remember when you supported that person from Ontario who stated she called the EU and had confirmed. You claimed it was due to the drugs.

WHOOPS...it was over the mislable OF A MEAT CUT (not content...just the cut) and it was done without the EU sanctions by a VET from france. NO plant in Canada closed however one in Quebec said they would not take any more horses until it was sorted out as YOU and YOUR GROUP kept saying to the press...and to blogs and forums..that YOU HAD PROOF..closed due to contamination and you stated it was due to passport violations.

I don't think AHYONE owes you any information.