The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Well, you know it has to be an HSUS/PETA plot to eliminate horses in our lifetime by causing them to commit suicide (won't eat the grain).

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by betonbill View Post
    Well, you know it has to be an HSUS/PETA plot to eliminate horses in our lifetime by causing them to commit suicide (won't eat the grain).
    Are you really falling for that PROPOGANDA?!
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

I'm waiting for someone to chime in and say that the fact that I posted this link is postive proof that I am an animal rights activist!
    "Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain" ~Friedrich Schiller

"Sniff..." You all hurt my feelings. I think I'll go bury my head in the sand.

Dude!! Seriously??? You would know this how????
    (Now having a head:desk moment)

There’s nothing wrong with human meat,” he added. “It just doesn’t mix well with oats.

Looks like they've found bute now, too...

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22087123
    Nudging "Almost Heaven" a little closer still...
    http://www.wvhorsetrainer.com

Quote Originally Posted by Belg View Post
    Looks like they've found bute now, too...
    they found Bute a month ago....out of 200 tested, 8 came up hot.
    But I don't recall hearing how high the tolerance level is on the tests....
    (BTW, for those who do math, that's 4%, vs the 100% some people claim)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    Musta mistit; been a really crazy month for me. Spring does that to me.
    Nudging "Almost Heaven" a little closer still...
    http://www.wvhorsetrainer.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    Uh no. This is a new one. ASDA budget corned beef...it's being recalled. I believe it was already withdrawn from market when it was found to contain horse meat.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Jello and other gelatin makers use horse also. Should they make a big recall? There is no telling how much bute could have been ingested because of Bill Cosby's wonderful commercials!

Quote Originally Posted by 7arabians View Post
    Jello and other gelatin makers use horse also. Should they make a big recall? There is no telling how much bute could have been ingested because of Bill Cosby's wonderful commercials!
    Are you just intentionally trying to be obtuse? It's fraud. If you buy beef, it has to be beef. The bute is just a little added extra.

Your response did not make any sense in reference to my point. Jello and other gelatin makers do not put a picture of a horse on the box! Shouldn't they do that so people know they are eating horse? I'm guessing that is because so many children love jello and would be mortified to learn the truth.
    Why do you not see the possibility that bute has been polluting all of us through our love of gelatin? Can you tell me if it is even tested for in gelatin?
    Last edited by 7arabians; Apr. 9, 2013 at 03:42 PM. Reason: splling correction

Quote Originally Posted by 7arabians View Post
    Your response did not make any sense in reference to my point. Jello and other gelatin makers do not put a picture of a horse on the box! Shouldn't they do that so people know they are eating horse? I'm guessing that is because so many children love jello and would be mortified to learn the truth.
    Why do you not see the possibility that bute has been polluting all of us through our love of gelatin? Can you tell me if it is even tested for in gelatin?
    Food-grade gelatin is produced mainly from two raw materials, beef skin and pork hide.

Animal rights extremists seem to be like mushrooms.
    We are on a horse web site where their vision of a world without human use of animals is puzzling to say the least.
    Close them out of one thread and here they pop up in another.
    Guess it is all that good horse fertilizer around.

Seriously, put what happened here in perspective.
    Don't let those guided by animal rights extremist agendas use that some are crooks to further their agendas of eventually eliminate all uses of animals.
    There are crooks in any we do, including in food production, marketing and selling, either to the consumer directly or thru prepared food in eating places.

It is not strange that there was some breaking laws and regulations and mixing meats, just as some do wrong other places.

To use that to brand whole industries, to call for bans because of that, somehow I still think that is over into the absurd side of things.

Maybe some day the whole world will end up being vegan, but for that, it will take way, way more food production and land and water and resources than complementing our diets with the condensed nutrition animal products can be for humans.
    Here is more on that:

http://www.cattlenetwork.com/e-newsl...199181561.html

The reason animal rights extremists are jumping on this situation of someone breaking laws and regulations and keep bringing this up is because it fits with their drive to eliminate all uses of animals and turning the world vegan, not especially because they care about anyone breaking laws.

My guess, humanity will fall into chaos again, civilizations lost, before we reach some extremist goals of humans living in sterile bubbles.
    Unless technology does save our bacon and bring us cheap matter transformers, that we can, with little input, get any one product we desire out of them.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    We are on a horse web site where their vision of a world without human use of animals is puzzling to say the least.

Seriously, put what happened here in perspective.
    Don't let those guided by animal rights extremist agendas use that some are crooks to further their agendas of eventually eliminate all uses of animals.
    There are crooks in any we do, including in food production, marketing and selling, either to the consumer directly or thru prepared food in eating places.

It is not strange that there was some breaking laws and regulations and mixing meats, just as some do wrong other places.

To use that to brand whole industries, to call for bans because of that, somehow I still think that is over into the absurd side of things.

Maybe some day the whole world will end up being vegan, but for that, it will take way, way more food production and land and water and resources than complementing our diets with the condensed nutrition animal products can be for humans.
    Here is more on that:

http://www.cattlenetwork.com/e-newsl...199181561.html

The reason animal rights extremists are jumping on this situation of someone breaking laws and regulations and keep bringing this up is because it fits with their drive to eliminate all uses of animals and turning the world vegan, not especially because they care about anyone breaking laws.

My guess, humanity will fall into chaos again, civilizations lost, before we reach some extremist goals of humans living in sterile bubbles.
    Unless technology does save our bacon and bring us cheap matter transformers, that we can, with little input, get any one product we desire out of them.
    Total BS Bluey. A vegan diet can be more healthy than a meat based diet. And I'm not vegan, not even vegetarian...but I am pretty careful about what meat and poultry products I buy.

And really "humanity will fall into chaos with civilizations lost" because we might not want to slaughter horses or eat banned veterinary pharmaceuticals? You might want to dial the rhetoric back a bit.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    And bringing your paranoia about the imminent ban of all use of animals to this thread is okay because...?

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by jenm View Post
    And bringing your paranoia about the imminent ban of all use of animals to this thread is okay because...?
    No, no one thinks animal rights extremists agenda to ban all animal use is at all "imminent", not at all.

They are getting a wonderful run from just working on it, making millions a year in donations from their followers.
    Why kill the goose that is laying all those golden eggs for them?
    Oh, maybe on principle, not right for them to use even that goose!

Seriously, because you are part of that agenda and can't see the larger picture, that doesn't mean that all those of us, many, many more than animal rights extremists in numbers, are paranoid.
    Some times, "they" really are after you, just see all that those groups are active in and think where that is going, "eventually", not, as you mistakenly thought, "immediately".

We're talking about fraud, Bluey, not RARAs.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    Are you just intentionally trying to be obtuse? It's fraud. If you buy beef, it has to be beef. The bute is just a little added extra.
    Right ..so you go after those who committ THAT fraud.

Don't go after North American companies that had nothing to do with it...and I am still checking daily and the only reports of trainted horse neet inclusion from Can is coming from Rara groups.

The Eu is coming under fire due to organized crime involvement in the food and drug industry. You don't cancel penicillin because there are drug dealers pushing coke

True Fairfax, but you and I both know there is a problem in Canada... banned pharmaceuticals in the meat, fraudulent EIDs, etc.