The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "Elite" Hanoverian Mare on Charlotte, NC Craigslist

Just curious if there is a way to check the status of this mare and whether or not she is indeed an "Elite" mare.

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/grd/3543039758.html

Pedigree: http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/for+hope2
    Nani Lio Farm, LLC
    www.naniliofarm.com

I would first ask for a copy of her registration papers to see if she is indeed a registered hanoverian mare. Because she can be 100% hanoverian by blood, but registered AWS, CWHBA or any other wb registry that accept Hanoverian blood in their books.

Then, if she is indeed registered Hanoverian, I would ask the registry (AHS or Verband, depending) her status, with her registration number in hand.
    Les Écuries d'Automne, Québec, Canada
    Visit EdA's Facebook page!

What a nice mare, "Elite" or not. I hope someone gets her who will do right by her no matter what. If she is elite wouldn't she be branded?
    "When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters, one represents danger, the other represents opportunity."

John F Kennedy

I am not interested for myself, just wanting to pass along her info I was curious if there was a listing on the AHS website of the Elite mares or if that information was restricted to members (I couldn't find it) or needed to be requested individually. Sounds like she could be an interesting mare for someone if her credentials are as advertised.
    Nani Lio Farm, LLC
    www.naniliofarm.com

I thought she was quite nice too and it seems could be put back under saddle which should certainly help her! I hope she's snapped up into a great home!
    Nani Lio Farm, LLC
    www.naniliofarm.com

But shouldn't she be branded if indeed she is an elite mare? I do not know the answer so hopefully the pros will weigh in.
    "When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters, one represents danger, the other represents opportunity."

John F Kennedy

You can use her name, age, and bloodlines to verify her status with AHS. I would also verfy with the seller whether they actually have her registration papers. If not, find out why. And you can also ask AHS who they show as the last owner of record, then go from there.

Hope she lands softly. There are so many older mares out there in need.

4 members found this post helpful.

It looks like she is. There are two Wuemmenstern/Goldstern mares that have been Mare Performance Tested. I'm guessing that they are full sibs. One scored 7.11 in the MPT in 2005 and is designated EM, the other one scored a whopping 8.22 in 2003 and was marked EMC.

So, unless there is a third full sibling....

ETA - this information is available to AHS members only on the website.
    Last edited by ahf; Jan. 15, 2013 at 01:34 PM. Reason: more info
    "No matter how cynical I get its just not enough to keep up." Lily Tomlin

1 members found this post helpful.

http://www.warmbloods-for-sale.com/H...4&UserID=13610

This would seem to give a little better picture of who she is.
    Alison/Mikali Farms
    www.mikalifarms.com

1 members found this post helpful.

This. I believe that Girlande was owned by Lucille Mulkey the owner of Wuemmerstern, so this mare was probably bred by her. Here is a link to the website:

http://www.honeylocustfarm.com/homesplash/homepage.htm

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    You can use her name, age, and bloodlines to verify her status with AHS. I would also verfy with the seller whether they actually have her registration papers. If not, find out why. And you can also ask AHS who they show as the last owner of record, then go from there.

Hope she lands softly. There are so many older mares out there in need.

I was right. Here is Girlande on Honey Locust's website:

http://www.honeylocustfarm.com/brood...roodmaresA.htm

I called the American Hanoverian Society, man told me that "For Hope" is a 1997 mare, not 98, she is chestnut, she would be branded on her left hip with an "H" and "US" under it and of course he added that sometimes the brands do not take. Her breeder and last owner of record is Lucille Mulky Broadley.

They do have her markings stored in their records, but they were not available immediately to him and while he was helpful he was fairly curt, obviously busy as he had another phone call to answer.

I hope this helps the girl. But someone needs to ask about her papers of course.

John F Kennedy

Wow. That add has a picture of a different mare (Forsythia by Wuemmerstern - the bay cantering with a lady rider) that is this mare's full sister. My bet is that she is an Elite Mare. I hope she lands safely.

Quote Originally Posted by mikali View Post
    http://www.warmbloods-for-sale.com/H...4&UserID=13610

This would seem to give a little better picture of who she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Home Again Farm View Post
    Wow. That add has a picture of a different mare (Forsythia by Wuemmerstern - the bay cantering with a lady rider) taken by Reg Corkum at one of my AHS inspections. It was lifted from my website. Geesh.
    Well that is creepy, I would be contacting them post haste. It is also the case that Lucile Broadley has 19 horses for sale so not sure she would be interested, might be worth a try. The add that you HAF pulled up has her listed as $2000 not $2500. Poor mare.

John F Kennedy

Don't know the horse, can't answer the questions but here's some more info--

pedigree: www.allbreedpedigree.com/for+hope2

video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHmnTS7tWkw

Nice mare, but I would have like to see more footage of her in a less "collected" frame.

2 members found this post helpful.

After reading the ad, my bet is that Forsythia's owner gave them permission to use her pic (that is why I edited my post). For Hope is Forsythia's full sister and I am sure they want to use that to help sell her. The seller needs to have her papers, though, or I would not be certain that this is really the same mare.

Zipperfoot, allbreedpedigree is inaccurate as to foaling year.

John F Kennedy

For Hope is pictured on the same website ML pointed out, listed as for sale in 2001 in foal to Prince Optimus:
    http://www.honeylocustfarm.com/brood...broodmares.htm
    Kendra
    Runningwater Warmbloods & Mare Station

Home of SPS Diorella (Donnerhall/ Akut), EMC What Fun (Wolkentanz I/ Lauries Crusador), and EMC Raleska (Rascalino/ Warkant) 'Like' us on Facebook

To Zipperfoot, I have to say that if you want to watch a "less collected" frame, go to the end when she is in her free walk. Then again, you are being pretty picky when it is a 16 year old elite mare on Craigslist with a lovely temperament as shown by the pics of her with girls hanging all over her with only a halter and lead rope. Plus she is only $2000. I hope you don't drive people crazy playing at buying horses and saying things like this. I only wish I were on the east coast again, for a variety of reasons.
    Last edited by Calamber; Jan. 21, 2013 at 01:44 AM.

John F Kennedy

3 members found this post helpful.

lovely mare..... it makes me sad she is being offered "for the show pen" especially since she seems to have arthritis? ... she deserves a nice cushy home with a loving owner.

2 members found this post helpful.