The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Hope the situation gets resolved quickly and you can concentrate on your hubby!

Is there anyone you know with a willing teen who would do barn work in exchange for free rides on the older horse?

I do have to say, it's great that your son helps, and it's great that he is coming to his senses, I guess I wonder why he allowed her to take advantage of his own parents for so long, but maybe thats young love? Buying hay and sawdust once a month is not a terrible burden to ask of someone. She is a total nut job.

Is there's anything us COTHers can do to help? Pm me if there's something I can do to ease the burden a tiny bit!

Jingles for you and your hubby!
    Wow, just what you needed more stress on top of everything else.
    Glad to see your son is realizing what is going on.

I know you've all been waiting and holding your breath for me to update this thread, LOL :-)..........

crazzzzy GF AND her ponies are GONE!!!!! as expected she refused to pay us back for any of the $ we spent on her ponies, said I could take her to court, but she would bring daddy's lawyers, all smug like, I'm sure you can picture it....

I told her my wish was that someday she have a son who gets mixed up with a crazy just like her so she can see what it's like. Not that she would ever really get it, she's just too nuts.

son is upset, he really wanted her to change back to the girl she was in the beginning. but he realizes that's not who she truly is/was. he keeps saying "I can't believe she actually expected me to move out and leave you guys on your own". he's also put together a crew of his friends that will come this weekend to clean the disgusting mess and broken fence boards left behind. Pretty soon she'll just be a blip in the memory bank!

14 members found this post helpful.

Poor kid. But your son certainly dodged a bullet there!

glad you are less one head ache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Now your husband will know his son will be okay. He averted a major disaster there and showed his character.

Best wishes and prayers to you and your family for peace.

1 members found this post helpful.

Sounds like you raised a strong young man there. So glad this crazy chic managed to remain not pregnant during the whole thing and you son can move on and continue to be there for you in this time of need.

3 members found this post helpful.

Great update! Sounds like and your husband raised him right. Everyone makes mistakes, it's how you make it right that counts.
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

1 members found this post helpful.

So happy your son stepped up and realized what this woman is really like. A fine young man you have there taking care of the mess left behind.

As to daddy's lawyers, p-l-e-a-s-e! I didn't see dear daddy stepping forward with cash to get his darling out of this mess. I would still file in small claims court where a team of lawyers would appear heavy handed. I would also keep track of the number of man hours & expenses for repair in my claim. The court filing&time won't cost you much and the end result might be not only financial recovery, but the little twin learns a lesson not taught by her parents.

So glad to hear that she and her ponies are gone. And I hope your son realizes what a bullet he dodged, and learned a valuable lesson.

Prayers for your husband's treatment and for strength for you as you help him through it.
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by gabby.gator View Post
    I know you've all been waiting and holding your breath for me to update this thread, LOL :-)..........

crazzzzy GF AND her ponies are GONE!!!!! as expected she refused to pay us back for any of the $ we spent on her ponies, said I could take her to court, but she would bring daddy's lawyers, all smug like, I'm sure you can picture it....

I told her my wish was that someday she have a son who gets mixed up with a crazy just like her so she can see what it's like. Not that she would ever really get it, she's just too nuts.

son is upset, he really wanted her to change back to the girl she was in the beginning. but he realizes that's not who she truly is/was. he keeps saying "I can't believe she actually expected me to move out and leave you guys on your own". he's also put together a crew of his friends that will come this weekend to clean the disgusting mess and broken fence boards left behind. Pretty soon she'll just be a blip in the memory bank!
    You did a wonderful job raising him, and I hope things go better for you from here on in!

Often lawyers aren't allowed for small claims court. Might be worth pursuing