The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Took the Plunge

Tomorrow am sending check in to have a "season pass" to local eventing venue. So can train anytime, no haul in fee for events etc. I hope this inspires me to do "great" things in eventing this year. We did our first BN event last year and as we finished second to last, I think we will stick at BN for awhile! My girl will be off stall rest this weekend and was approved for me to ride at "walk, trot" by vet last weekend. Horses interpretation of "walk trot"= "walk, trot, canter, buck, fart." But I can hardly blame her. We will work on channeling that energy into eventing! I'm excited! Shooting to do our first event of the year in March! Hoping to finish third from last! (or maybe even a bit better!).

2 members found this post helpful.

That season pass sounds like a great deal, I wish we had that option at our local venue. I'm sure it must increase the insurance cost because I can't imagine they would have an EMT on standby every day.

Good luck getting back out there! And the only thing better than the "buck,fart" is the "buck, fart, squeal"
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

It truly is sad that I pursue the expensive sports. In April I will have to renew my season pass for my "local" ski area (nearly 400 miles away but my family has a house there). It's even more expensive than the eventing one. Oh well. At least I have fun. I already got 6 days of skiing in!

What a great idea! If there were one close enough () I would do that in a minute.
    Click here before you buy.

We FINALLY got our local farm to do that... it's AWESOME!!! It's like horsey paradise... They've got two huge dressage rings, a big jump ring with jumps, 400 acres to trail ride in, a lake to swim in, and a XC field with jumps up to training/prelim - banks, ditches, a water complex.... And it's only ten minutes from my house. I don't ride at home anymore... I just haul on down and play. It truly is THE BEST money I ever spent!!
    I hope you get to enjoy your place as much as I enjoy mine..

I'm really looking forward to it. I do better when I pay for something in advance and then feel obligated to use it. With my ski pass, it's paid for so I just ski- I'd never plunk down what they want for a lift ticket. The eventing place is about 16 miles from me so I'll probably only go there on weekends. But it will be so nice to be able to use the dressage arenas, xc course etc whenever. Also not have to tack on the fee for a lesson when we train on the xc course. I'm excited! Have my first lesson of the season coming up there this next week! Hope it will be a great eventing year for everyone!!!

That's s great idea. I wish the xc course near us had something like that!

Sounds like a great deal. I have plenty of trail riding etc here but I have no xc course that I can afford on a weekly basis. If I did, I would be there every weekend with the babies.

And second to last is a lot better than my DFL that I've held at many events! You beat someone,

Mukluk, if you don't mind me asking, how much is the season pass? (you can pm me if you prefer). Thinking of getting something like this implemented here but have no idea what the right price point would be.....
    The big man -- no longer an only child

His new little brother

Is it bad that I am jealous that you have a LOCAL eventing venue with a pass AND a "local" ski pass? I want to live wherever you do!!

We have to fly to ski in UT and the nearest event in MS is 5 hours away! You lucky duck!

I am very tempted to print this thread and drive over to our local venue with it. Don't know if they'll take the bait, but it's worth a try.

Mukluk, how does your pass work (and sorry if this is derailing at all)? Do you call and reserve or just show up? Is there always medical on hand or just a buddy system?
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

Congrats Mukluk! That's a great way to stay motivated to go often

The Fresno Horse Park (was: Ram Tap) has a Season Pass, too! I think it's a great idea.

The closest venue to me is The Horse Park in Woodside. That place is pricey, but awesome.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Equine & Pet Portrait Artist
    www.elainehickman.com
    **Morgans Do It All**