The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Samantha Mihok and Jacob Ware? Anyone heard of them?

I'm finally moving my horse and now researching new stables. One local facility East Coast Equestrian is said to be under new management by Jacob Ware and Samantha Mihok. Is anyone familiar with them?

I'm curious abouth them too, as they are also offering training.

I'm wondering about this as well.

I hesitate to post this because I know nothing about new instructors. Hopefully things will change with them, but the barn does not have a good reputation. I went there once to look for a place to board and walk out really not impressed. Nothing concrete, but a gut feeling I had. Just the horse did not look happy, however with the new people it could be completely different and that was 3 years ago.

However, I did just look at the website and find it odd they have no mention of any particular trainer. When I am looking at a website, I always look for a short bio of the trainers.

2 members found this post helpful.

Contrary to the two previous posts, I think it is a great place to board...never had any problems out there and the owner is wonderful! I suggest you check it out personally and then decide...

I agree with Vany. I've had several different horses trained by Sharon and my horses stayed in good health and got well trained. Sounds like neither of negative posts ever actually boarded there. It's a shame that so many spread bad rumours about things they probably have no personal experience about. Would love to hear what BaysofOurLives says differently. Please PM me.

1 members found this post helpful.

3 members found this post helpful.

Huh. Can't find any news or anything on the two individuals mentioned. Found two dressage show records for Samantha Mihok.

Who is Sharon?

thanks for the insight and opinions. As a person that has been in this area my entire life, we have all had our experiences with every trainer/BO/BM at some point. Some have had negative experiences, some positive. Don't take these comments personally seeing as we all have our reasons to believe what we do. I have my opinions which I will not disclose as positive or negative, however I wanted feedback from others such as current boarders, past boarders, lesson riders, etc....

I assure everyone I will make my own opinions based on interviews!

Default we all have opinions, no need to be offended

thanks for the insight and opinions. As a person that has been in this area my entire life, we have all had our experiences with every trainer/BO/BM at some point. Some have had negative experiences, some positive. Don't take these comments personally seeing as we all have our reasons to believe what we do. I have my opinions which I will not disclose as positive or negative, however I wanted feedback from others such as current boarders, past boarders, lesson riders, etc....

I assure everyone I will make my own opinions based on interviews!

Quote Originally Posted by OneGrayPony View Post
    Huh. Can't find any news or anything on the two individuals mentioned. Found two dressage show records for Samantha Mihok.

Who is Sharon?
    Sharon Golesh. I have a feeling that "vany" posting on here is Sharon or a representative of her farm.
    Her facility really has a ton of potential, however has been said to be poorly managed and recently had a lot of people vacate the property as a result. Hopefully this new "team" (who I can't find squat on either) will bring positive changes to this facility. Only time will tell!

Sent: Wednesday 16 January 2013 04:02
    To: Nicole Sigrist <webmaster@fei.org>
    Subject: Competitor Record / Online Jumping results

Hello,

I tried searching the database for a record of a rider named Jacob Ware. Nothing came up, it says to email for results older than 2008. Do you have any record of this rider, and what they competed in?

Regards,

xxxxxxxx

Date: Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 5:02 AM
    Subject: RE: Competitor Record / Online Jumping results
    To: "xxxxxx@gmail.com" <xxxxxx@gmail.com>
    Cc: Nicole Sigrist <Nicole.Sigrist@fei.org>, Melody Meyer <Melody.Meyer@fei.org>

Hello XXXXX,

The FEI has no record for a rider with this name since 2003. Before that there was no database, so we cannot tell you more.

Kind regards,

Catherine

ROFLMAO

What? Is it a full moon or something? Have run out of popcorn and wine.

Vany (with a total of 4 lifetime posts) posted in defense of the place at 7:18 and 7:21.

Sheila 1FC with a total of 1 lifetime post told of her wonderful experience with them at 7:23.

Houseguests?

Guess Samantha and Jacob have been so busy training up all these show horses they forgot to renew their USEF membership-can't find them there either.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

3 members found this post helpful.