The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Usually one pays much to go to shows to get the judge's opinion. That's the basic idea. If that's a power trip, it's one you've paid dearly for him/her to take.

If somehow a licensed steward was THAT upset with your daughter's trainer THAT publicly....you've got lots of things to worry about, with a long list of things much more worrisome than your wee one being witness to adults behaving badly. (Shows are all about that BTW.) In most threads here, most of us WANT stewards to be more, ahem, *assertive* with trainers and aggressive at finding and stopping questionable trainer practices.

Major bad sportsmanship to show in LL and W/T, no matter what the age or rules say.

ETA: AFTER I posted this I read OP's mea culpa. Good dad. I've found nothing is as rewarding as spending time at the barn with my daughter. Unstructured time. Hanging out, braiding, grooming, loving. Make the most of it, it goes so fast! There are so many things about being with a pony that will bring her joy, respect for hard work, compassion, and toughness. Very little of that comes from shows. Avoid any trainer who tells you otherwise.
    Last edited by trabern; Jan. 18, 2013 at 02:35 PM. Reason: To recognize OP.
    At all times, we are either training or untraining.
    Flying Haflinger blog: http://flyinghaflinger.blogspot.com/ Flying Irish Draught blog: http://flyingirishredhead.blogspot.com/