The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

So...lesson for me is talk to Show Management first. OK, good advice and duly noted. And one more thing: When I say "Hunting", I don't mean fox hunting. I mean Hunter, as in Pony Hunters. So, blast away if you feel the need.

Believe it or not, it was my goal to stir things up. But, the gang-up on this board is pretty bizarre. So, some advice for some (not all) of you: Keep an open mind, no need to make things personal. I wonder how many would react that way if the person to whom the comments are directed was sitting right in front of you? I know I would not say something here that I would be uncomfortable saying directly to someone. But that's just me...it is far too easy to say things on a forum like this when there is no real-world accountability or consequences....

I've seen my share of hissy fits at horse shows by various different offenders. My response is always the same. Giggle. Shrug shoulders. Move on. Either by myself or with my daughter. Doesn't matter. I don't feel the need to be the manners police.

10 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGrnRideIrish View Post
    the OP posted that WE were off our meds and then retracted the comment. no one said the OP was off meds- BWW YOU made that comment to US (the other posters). i just wanted to call you out on it since i found it utterly ridiculous
    Go back and see the post about Meds. You will see it....the reason I took out my comment about is because I posted a comment without the quotes, making it appear that it was directed to all posters...hence the retraction....just thought it was the right thing to do...capeche?

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by BWW View Post
    I wonder how many would react that way if the person to whom the comments are directed was sitting right in front of you? I know I would not say something here that I would be uncomfortable saying directly to someone. But that's just me...it is far too easy to say things on a forum like this when there is no real-world accountability or consequences....
    You would tell someone to get a better job so they could be showing just like you do? You would tell someone to get a life? Or call them a shut in? Wow.

Note to self: if you run into BWW, run the other way 'cause they really aren't a nice person.
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by gumshoe View Post
    I've seen my share of hissy fits at horse shows by various different offenders. My response is always the same. Giggle. Shrug shoulders. Move on. Either by myself or with my daughter. Doesn't matter. I don't feel the need to be the manners police.
    Don't forget the last step in the response. "Repeat events to friends over margaritas or beer or wine after the show has ended for the day.".
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

13 members found this post helpful.

So...lesson for me is talk to Show Management first. OK, good advice and duly noted. And one more thing: When I say "Hunting", I don't mean fox hunting. I mean Hunter, as in Pony Hunters. So, blast away if you feel the need.

Believe it or not, it was my goal to stir things up. But, the gang-up on this board is pretty bizarre. So, some advice for some (not all) of you: Keep an open mind, no need to make things personal. I wonder how many would react that way if the person to whom the comments are directed was sitting right in front of you? I know I would not say something here that I would be uncomfortable saying directly to someone. But that's just me...it is far too easy to say things on a forum like this when there is no real-world accountability or consequences....
    Dude, if this is the behavior you are exhibiting at horse shows you will not get along with anyone.

Be open to learning the lingo. The judge and the steward are not the same person. Hunting refers to fox hunting, hunters are what is shown in the ring over 8 jumps. No one likes a glory hound who sticks their kid in every class imaginable, appropriate or not, just to try and collect ribbons (that IS bad sportsmanship).

You have a lot to learn and getting your panties in a bunch is not going to help you or your child.

27 members found this post helpful.

OP please read comments thoroughly before you post rebuttal because you have misconstrued quite a few things you have (or think you have) read- even your own.

capeche?

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by RugBug View Post
    Hahahaaa... she didn't read too much into your post. It was there for the rest of us to read and sadly, is the oft-used reply of the less-than-tactful poster. It's really, really childish to try and play some ridiculous have/have not card.

And then to continue with the "shut-in/get-a-life" argument. Oh my. Are you going to bring up Hitler next?

Oh, and please don't take my post as a reprimand. I was just letting you know that your post was rude, unacceptable and out of line. It could also hurt the tender feelings of some of our younger posters. It really had to be done.
    Uhhh...OK. Not quite sure where Hitler comes into this. Hmmm....that's pretty offensive

Quote Originally Posted by Renae View Post
    Dude, if this is the behavior you are exhibiting at horse shows you will not get along with anyone.

Be open to learning the lingo. The judge and the steward are not the same person. Hunting refers to fox hunting, hunters are what is shown in the ring over 8 jumps. No one likes a glory hound who sticks their kid in every class imaginable, appropriate or not, just to try and collect ribbons (that IS bad sportsmanship).

You have a lot to learn and getting your panties in a bunch is not going to help you or your child.
    Excuse me? Do you know what classes we enter? If so, please tell me. Don't be so presumptuous...

Uhhh...OK. Not quite sure where Hitler comes into this. Hmmm....that's pretty offensive
    It would seem that you are very new to internet posting. Because 1) your posting style leaves A LOT to be desired and 2) you've never heard of Godwin's Law. Look it up. On the interwebs.

And just for the record: I am not a shut-in, I do have a life and I would love to make more money. But then again, who wouldn't?
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by RugBug View Post
    It would seem that you are very new to internet posting. Because 1) your posting style leaves A LOT to be desired and 2) you've never heard of Godwin's Law. Look it up. On the interwebs.

And just for the record: I am not a shut-in, I do have a life and I would love to make more money. But then again, who wouldn't?
    Not new at all, I just do not spend a lot of time posting. Tell me about Godwin's law please....I need to be enlightened and you are clearly the one for the job....

I think we can all write this poster off as a troll who should not be fed. One that is going on my ignore list!

11 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Renae View Post
    I think we can all write this poster off as a troll who should not be fed. One that is going on my ignore list!
    And yet you post to say this? You have an ignore list? Hmmm...I think you have a bit much time on your hands...

Excuse me? Do you know what classes we enter? If so, please tell me. Don't be so presumptuous...
    But OP we do know what she shows in. Because you've told us. On this very board.

She is 4.
    She shows in Walk/Trot. Possibly cross entering in Leadline.

Internet posts are forever.
    "I'm not strange, weird, off, nor crazy. My reality is just different from yours."
    ~Lewis Carroll

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by AllisonWunderlund View Post
    But OP we do know what she shows in. Because you've told us. On this very board.

She is 4.
    She shows in Walk/Trot. Possibly cross entering in Leadline.

Internet posts are forever.
    Yes, so clearly a line has been crossed...

To answer OP originally question - no, I have never directly known a judge (or steward) with a chip on their shoulder. Found most to be polite and knowledgeable, trying to work for the good of the sport. Have know far more trainers, owners and most all parents with a chip on their shoulder, and something to prove......
    “You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take.” - Wayne Gretsky

8 members found this post helpful.

you've already said you put this poor child in Leadline AND Walk trot. That is very bad form and no one is presuming anything you said it outright.
    You are the person people see at shows and shake their heads then talk about their behavior in the barns.
    "Perhaps the final test of anybody's love of dogs is their willingness to permit them to make a camping ground of the bed" -Henry T. Merwin

10 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaegermonster View Post
    you've already said you put this poor child in Leadline AND Walk trot. That is very bad form and no one is presuming anything you said it outright.
    You are the person people see at shows and shake their heads then talk about their behavior in the barns.
    Well, since you are judge and jury, you should run the shows, then you can make the rules...

I know I would not say something here that I would be uncomfortable saying directly to someone.
    Really? Like these charming comments?

Let me give you some advice: Go out and make some money so you can show. Then you might not be so miserable. It makes you look small and weak to post here on this Board like that...on the other hand, if that's all you can do, that's a whole different problem. Get a life.
    It doesn't take a big person to sit tucked away in their room posting like you do. And please, don't worry about us in the shows....we do just fine thank you.
    Welcome to the BB, Mr. Dale Carnegie.

14 members found this post helpful.

And yet you post to say this? You have an ignore list? Hmmm...I think you have a bit much time on your hands...
    The ignore list is a COTH feature that allows you to not see certain people's posts. Takes about 5 seconds to do. No excessive amount of time needed.
    Proud member of the COTH Junior (and Junior-at-Heart!) clique!

5 members found this post helpful.