The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Syracuse/ Finger Lakes NY PPE Vet and Motel recs please

Please help COTH!

I'm heading up to that area next week to look at some TBs and I am completely unfamiliar with the area.

I need a motel for a night in a safe area near places with takeout and I want to go armed with vet names so if I find what I'm looking for I can scheduling a vetting.

TIA!!!!

Are you looking for ideas near Syracuse? Or near the Finger Lakes race track? Those two things are about an hour apart.

Going to look at a few in Cayuga, and one really nice horse in Plymoth, if he's still for sale by the time I get there. Yes, it looks like these areas are about an hour apart.

I can do the trip in a day, but it will suck because its about a 6 hr drive one way.

I'm just very unfamiliar with the area Is there a town in that area that has things like motels and take out and isn't the city? Sorry I guess I need a crash course!

Sending you a PM only because I think you may be going to the seller that I bought my two recent horses from and I highly recommend her.

Auburn is probably the closest town to Cayuga. It has a few hotels, and several places to eat. It's not a huge place, so everything should be pretty close together.

The next town over is Skaneateles, which is a little more of a resort town, so the hotels might be more expensive. It is off season, though, so you might want to check there as well. It's a pretty town right on the lake.

Jleegriffith yes that's who I'm going to. I can't reply to PMs at work, the screen is screwed up on the computer here, will PM you when I get home

Thanks MHM that's what I wanted to know!

Considering both Cayuga and Plymouth, I agree on Skaneateles. Right on one of the Great Lakes, and lovely little town. My friend's farm is in Auburn, and there are some cheapy hotels on Rte 20, but I opted to drive back and forth this summer for a wedding. The Inns were all booked, and the other places a little too rough around the edges for me. You might also wish to consider places in Cazenovia for convenience to Plymouth. Or there's a Best Western in Tully, NY right near 81. Stayed in it many years ago. Not at all fancy, but pretty convenient between the two places, I'd guess.
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes