The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Exclamation Horse swap Richmond, VA meeting place help!!

I am trying to figure out a good place to meet a friend from PA (we are coming up from SC) to swap a pony to bring back home. We are planning to do this Friday, mid morning or early afternoon. Originally we planned to meet in lexington, VA, at the horse park, but they are calling for 6-12 inches of snow. Thankfully, Richmond looks clear. After many days of upper 70 degree weather in SC, I cannot believe snow is an issue for us! We just are not sure on a good, safe meeting spot to swap. Do any of you know anything close off of 95 that would be a good place to meet (show grounds, farms to contact, ect..) Thanks in advanced!!
    Last edited by ladybugsbw; Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:28 AM.

Consider meeting off the Doswell exit (King's Dominion exit) north of Richmond. You may even be able to pull into the empty KD parking lot, but there may be some other quiet lots to try, too. There is/was a camp ground there. There are/were some farms not far off the exit, as well, but I A) haven't been in the area in years so it may have grown up a lot and B) I don't know what the farms are like.

I'm trying to think what is close to exits further south, but I know it has all grown up a lot since I left the area, and I've only been back once since my mom moved 7 years ago. Doswell would be a good bet, though, especially if you can get into the KD lot.

2 members found this post helpful.

Thank you so much! Now they are calling for snow there too...crazy!