The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Saddlebred folks, what HAS happened to TSE tattersalls sales?

The last time I paid any attention the property was sold. I don't get the Report and Trot forums is gone, theTrot Fb page isn't really informative.

Did they shut down the business altogether and why? I thought surely there would be a good venue in the KHP.

Is Southern Saddlebred Sales in TN a worthy successor?
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

Quote Originally Posted by ReSomething View Post
    The last time I paid any attention the property was sold. I don't get the Report and Trot forums is gone, theTrot Fb page isn't really informative.

Did they shut down the business altogether and why? I thought surely there would be a good venue in the KHP.

Is Southern Saddlebred Sales in TN a worthy successor?
    The property was sold, and I believe the sale building has been torn down. The Teaters have chosen to retire from sales, and rightfully so, they worked hard for many years and did a heck of a job. Since then a few new sales have popped up, most notably Southern Saddlebred Sales (in TN) and Robertson Equine Sales( in KY). Both appear to be doing ok for new sales.

Trot forums are not gone.

Www.trot.org/forum

Well that is wierd. I tried googling Trot awhile ago and got nothing. I wonder what I did wrong.

Thanks for the link!
    Incredible Invisible

One other Saddlebred sale is Superior Sales, which is held in Missouri.

I worked at both the the Spring and Fall Southern saddlebred Sale last year and plan on doing so again this year. The Spring Sale was one long day and I think 80 or so horses. The Fall Sale was split into 2 morning sessions and was a lot less "pressure" for us in the barns! I don't remember how many ran through the Fall sale but it was higher than the Spring sale. If you decide to attend PM me and we can have a COTH get together!
    "Farriers are the hairdressers of the horse world. They know everything about everybody..."-Lildunhorse

I think Robertson's sale in Shelbyville takes the same dates TSE would have? Sale takes place at the fairgrounds.

All of the other breed sales had left the Tattersalls venue for another location in the Lexington area. The sales pavilion needed some major work. The reason TSE stopped holding the summer sale is the A/C in the pavilion needed to be replaced. So, the spring and fall sale were the last remaining events at the once bustling sale barn. (My mother bought a QH and some Paints there back in the day). It was prime real estate being so close to UK campus.

R.I.P. Tattersalls. Oh how I loved you.

1 members found this post helpful.

not trying to start a train wreck, just thought this was interesting.

http://www.kentucky.com/2013/01/12/2...ylink=misearch

We temporarily housed our homeless to get them out of site for WEG and walking horses.

Quote Originally Posted by YamahaGT80 View Post
    not trying to start a train wreck, just thought this was interesting.

http://www.kentucky.com/2013/01/12/2...ylink=misearch
    Please explain how posting that is NOT starting a train wreck? It's only tangentially related through the old sale barn. Nothing to do at all with ASB sales.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by red mares View Post
    Please explain how posting that is NOT starting a train wreck? It's only tangentially related through the old sale barn. Nothing to do at all with ASB sales.
    Never mind, it's all posted in other threads. Carry on.

SA, I looked up Robertson's and they have the covered arena just behind the open grandstands at Shelby county. Looks like they've been having smaller sales for a few years.
    That's not a bad place, but I've never been able to figure out the parking at the fairgrounds. Well, I have, but overflow into the Red Mile was so much more obvious.

I agree that the sales pavilion was getting kind of tired, but I'm going to miss it too. So much history went through there. It's almost an end of an era. Le Cheval, Tattersalls, next they'll sell off the Red Mile and plant hundreds of apartments with names like "the Paddock". Junior League will find somewhere to go but it won't be the same, not at all.

Nice to know that there are several places throughout the country going to take up the slack, and Maj Meadow thank you for the gracious offer. I may never make the trek but other Cother's might.
    Incredible Invisible

At Shelbyville. you go down the drive that parallels LaGrange Road and put it where ever you want to!

Parking under the trees at Tattersalls wasn't much easier, but I just loved getting there in the morning and finding a spot. Then go to the office and grab an apple...

My Mom and Dad both went to UK. Mom boarded a horse at the Red Mile. They used to jog on the track in the middle of the night.

I miss Roger's Restaurant too. No, that corner of the world will never be the same.

1 members found this post helpful.

The first time we went to Shelbyville my MIL was supposed to join us and she got lost. On the fairgrounds, trying to park really close. We finally spotted her and got her settled in the stands but we got to hear all about it.

Everywhere changes. Sometimes it's better, sometimes it's not. I miss the breakfast buffet at Roger's too.
    Incredible Invisible

My offer definitely stands to any Cother who may come for the sale/show. I know our Saddleseat contingent on here is small but we know how to party Murfreesboro is a fun town with a lot to do and is close enough to Nashville to do a little exploring in that area too.
    "Farriers are the hairdressers of the horse world. They know everything about everybody..."-Lildunhorse