The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Post Chron of Horse editor name (and book!)

Russell Schuselmeyer??? Does this name or something like it ring a bell. This gentleman retired as an editor of ChronofHorse perhaps 10 yrs ago, and compiled a book of his editorials. He was an excellent writer and I'd like to get a copy of this book, but I can't find reference to it or even to him!! Does anyone remember him and/or his name and/or his post retirement book please??? Thanks!

John Strassburger is the name that came to mind. The COTH hasn't been the same since he left. Not sure about the book, but perhaps with the name you will find it.

2 members found this post helpful.

"Radar, the man's ex-cavalry: if he sees four flies having a meeting, he knows they're talking about a horse!" Cptn. BJ Hunnicutt, M*A*S*H Season 4, Episode "Dear Mildred"

Yes thats it, thank you!!! I found a Chronicle from 2004 and saw his name. (For some reason your response and that of the other responder didn't come through until recently!). He has a wen site (Phoenixsporthorses.com) and now has two compilations of eidtorials. Thanks for responding. His work was always so insightful I loved it.

Default You are right!

Yes thats it, thank you!!! I found a Chronicle from 2004 and saw his name. (For some reason your response and that of the other responder didn't come through until recently!). He has a wen site (Phoenixsporthorses.com) and now has two compilations of eidtorials. Thanks for responding. His work was always so insightful I loved it.

Oops, web site.. I couldn't tell if I was responding to just one or both of you, so thank you both. Yes, that is one of his books I found on his website also. He has an additional one now too. I know I butchered his name, but when I called COTH I felt really old!! No one there had been there very long and they knew none of the "older" editors. He had been there for 20 yrs! It made me sad because it emphasized the passing of time, and of any contribution we think we may have made! Too philosophical I guess.