The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Eby trailers?

I tried doing a search on here, but NOTHING turned up, which I find a little hard to believe...

Anyway, does anyone have an Eby trailer? Thoughts? I saw some at the PA Farm Show this week, and I'm very interested in a 16' GN stock (horse height, of course)...
    *friend of bar.ka

"Evidently, I am an unrepentant b*tch, possible trouble maker, and all around super villian"

A friend has one LOVE IT!

I've an Eby stock trailer with 4' dressing room and 20' horse area. A high quality wonderful trailer...amazingly well-built. Tows easily and is very well riding for the horses (I have two tv cameras in it and can see how the horses travel.)
    "Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc"

Wonderfully strong trailers. Love love love them. Don't pull one because I couldn't afford one with living quarters. Very pricey.
    Producing horses with gentle minds & brilliant movement!
    www.whitfieldfarm.shutterfly.com

I have no idea why I couldn't get anything to turn up via the CotH search feature, so thanks!

I'm probably 2 years away from buying one, but I've been keeping an eye on used trailer options and the more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards a stock combo instead of a regular straight-load or slant... I like the idea of having a variety of options for hauling.

So who would be comparable manufacturers for aluminum stock combos?
    *friend of bar.ka

"Evidently, I am an unrepentant b*tch, possible trouble maker, and all around super villian"

I have had my Eby 16' Stock for 10 years and would not trade it for any make out there. There is nothing comparable in my humble opinion. We use it a lot showing, hunting, trail riding and hauling cattle. We also have a 4 Star 4 horse slant with mega comfy living quarter for showing and hunting, but still take overflow horses in the stock.

Agree, nothing comparable. I love my stock-combo.
    "Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc"

Quote Originally Posted by cnvh View Post
    So who would be comparable manufacturers for aluminum stock combos?
    Barrett

http://www.barrett-trailers.com/

We've had ours for about 10 years. We mostly haul cattle in it, but I've never had trouble loading a horse in it and it is indestructable.

I don't know how many used ones you'll find with LQs, though.

Ugh! Looks too much like those double deckers pulled by cattle and killer dealers.
    Some riders change their horse, they change their saddle, they change their teacher; they never change themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by cnvh View Post
    I have no idea why I couldn't get anything to turn up via the CotH search feature, so thanks!
    I seem to remember reading that searches for such a short word is a problem on CoTH. Since EBY is only three letters long. I have had problems searching for CWD also.
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)

So there don't seem to be many Eby haters out there...

Well, the price tag is a bit steep, but it appears you get what you pay for... and in searching for them used, IF you can find one (and I haven't found ANY used 16'Lx7'H GN stocks out there, but some BP's and 24' ones are around), they seem to hold their value, which says something.

Ah well... time to start saving my pennies now.
    *friend of bar.ka

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by merrygoround View Post
    Ugh! Looks too much like those double deckers pulled by cattle and killer dealers.
    Pigs and sheep are shipped in double deckers. I don't know of anyone who ships cattle in them.

I'm about to buy a used Barrett and agree that they are comparable with Eby, 4 Star, Elite, Platinum, Bloomer and C&C

Eby (and the others listed above) make extremely high-quality, sound, well-made, high-craftsmanship trailers. I include Turnbow in that category too (my currrent trailer)

If you can find the Eby, go for it. But you can also look at Bloomer, Elite, Platinum, 4 Star, C&C, Barrett and Turnbow.

They are in a totally different class than the mass-mass-cheaper-made trailers out there.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Equine & Pet Portrait Artist
    www.elainehickman.com
    **Morgans Do It All**