The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone in MI - thoughts on Four Winds Farm in Bridgeport?

Due to my SO's job, I may be moving to the Bay City area and am looking at barns just in case. I searched threads and didn't see anyone mention them, so I figured I'd ask if anyone knew anything about Four Winds Farm/Equine Hospital in Bridgeport? Don't currently have a horse but would be looking to get one and show. I'm looking for any opinions on both the riding program/trainers and vets.

If you have other suggestions in the area for barns/trainers (and vets while we're at it) that would be great too! Thanks!

I know that they show on the local A circuit here as well as going to other big shows. I honestly don't know that I've ever seen any of their clients or seen the pro training, but she is a lovely rider and they have lots of very nice horses. Unfortunately, I don't think there is much else up in that area hunter/jumper wise. But if Four Winds didn't work out for you and you were willing to drive farther, there is a ton of hunter/jumper barns in Metamora/Oxford area (about an hour southeast). Sorry, I wish I had more information for you.

The people at Four Winds are great folks. They have had many nice horses over the years and Ehrin is a beautiful rider.They show at smaller shows and usually go to Kentucky and FL as well. Dr Kim is a very experienced equine vet and they have a nice clinic.They should be a great option for you.
    www.midatlanticeq.com
    Mid-Atlantic Equitation Festival,Scholarships and College Fair
    November 13-15, 2015

2 members found this post helpful.

I've been to one of their shows YEARS ago (1991? Wow!). But they were all really nice and it was a very nice, well-kept farm. Definitely check it out.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde