The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley View Post
    ... A kid's life isn't complete unless they are tortured a bit by a pony.
    Ain't it the truth! Beverly, u should copyright that quote! Before I do, LOL!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ReSomething View Post
    PastURE not pastOR silly, you are pretty stoked, I can tell! She's quite a cutey. There is just Star, but she has a blaze. What do the kids think? Have they come up with anything?
    Autocorrect got me - but that IS pretty funny!! My 2 year old hasn't met her yet, but my son has. They aren't much help in the naming dept.

I have only ridden once since my husband died, and it was sooooo good to get back in the saddle again. Horses really are the best therapy.
    Last edited by Freebird!; Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:49 PM.

2 members found this post helpful.

Well, not the direction you are pursuing on the names, but the first thing that popped into my mind was 'Church Lady.'

Nice pony, congrats!

(Budrow, I'm too lazy to copyright, and besides 'borrowing freely' or even plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery!)

What a great story! She is just beautiful. Congratulations on the new addition, I agree it sounds like Divine Intervention played a large part in her arrival!

Stella is a great name!

After your autocorrect blooper, I think the name Pastor would be cute!
    "Imma snap youuuu! - with a shout out to Wildlifer

Her stable name is Maggie according to her picture "Wish Upon a Star" aka Maggie. I guess it depends on where you stand on the changing a horse's name debate. She's just lovely. Good luck with her!
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

I know, and I really like that name, but....it was the name of my little TB mare that I owned with my first husband. :/. I'd like to keep her show name though, if we ever actually show her.

My friend told me her story tonight. Apparently, my friend had just driven by her in someone's pasture, made an offer, and they accepted. They had gotten her by sending their Reg. paint mare off to be bred. She somehow got in with all of the stallions, so they weren't sure who the baby daddy is. When they went to pick up mama and baby, she was so weak that they had to lift her in the trailer. They said she was a pony because of malnutrition.

We are thinking the daddy was a Tenn Walker, or saddlebred, etc?? because while she doesn't rack, and will trot, she would rather canter.....which is the most oddest yet most wonderful gait I've ever ridden. It's not much faster then a slow trot, but it's smooth as glass! I don't see her winning any hack classes ever, but I can't wait to get this girl out on the trail!!!!

Poor thing eats like its her last meal, although my friend has taken great care of her. I do need to get the vet out to float her teeth though - I don't know that they've ever been done before!

Quote Originally Posted by Cindyg View Post
    Post back with a picture of a human in the picture so we can get a perspective. He looks like a warmblood to me. Not 11 hands, and not a Shetland!
    This was my thought. Somebody mixed up the pictures. That doesn't look 11 hands, it's clearly not shetland (maybe POA, or pinto based on the eye.)
    blogging at HN: http://www.horsenation.com/
    check out my writing: http://jeseymour.com

Can't wait to see her Saturday for a trim!
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

Freebird, I am so happy for you and your children, congrats!! The pony is adorable and I bet your kiddos will have no problem getting out of bed and going to church each week with outcomes like this!

Awwww, this is great! Congrats!
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley View Post
    Well, not the direction you are pursuing on the names, but the first thing that popped into my mind was 'Church Lady.'

Nice pony, congrats!

(Budrow, I'm too lazy to copyright, and besides 'borrowing freely' or even plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery!)
    Love it.

And love how you saw her in 'the pastor'.

I'd worry about calling her Angel. You know how some names can backfire and be just the opposite!

Very nice, and very happy for you. Great story about how she got to you!
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

Congrats, Freebird! Good thing Petey didn't work out. I don't think he was meant to be, and the pony was.
    "...That's the worst, I think. When the secret stays locked within not for want of a teller, but for want of an understanding ear." --Stephen King

Realrush - I thought the same thing!

Well....we have a name!!!!

After working with her in the round pen today, I found myself saying "You are such a little Diva!!" a lot. Which just sort of stuck. Plus, I DO think it took some divine intervention, the way everything worked out.

Diva is great! And I like Divine Intervention for the show name myself; I'm not usually a name changer but this sounds like a special case. Meant to be, absolutely. I hope you'll post pics later of her with your son riding. Best of luck to all of you!
    It's just grass and water till it hits the ground.

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

I think there are cases where a complete name change is the only way to go! I love the name Diva for a sassy mare and Divine Intervention is the perfect show name!

I've owned 2 horses. One's name stuck, it was just so "him" that nothing else worked. The other had the same name as a horse I really didn't get along with as a child, so her name had to change. She didn't have a show name and wasn't registered so I got to give her one!
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

I just wanted to share a picture of Diva and my son: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...f&notif_t=like

Here he is "training" her: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...size=538%2C718

She gives the best hugs: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...e=3&permPage=1

This little mare has been SO good for all of us. I call her my therapist.

Anyway, just wanted to share.

7 members found this post helpful.

Thanks for sharing.

It's evident from the pictures that she is bringing happiness as well as being happy herself.

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"