The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default So...whazzzup with the AADI initiative????

Looks like they they got themselves some 660-ish friends....got some boards and committees.....got some "lists" etc.

So what's changed? What's the USDF/USEF doing different?

Why in years of ignoring AA's why now?

George Morris (at 75) publicly shows fabulous riding and his training methods to all comers on streaming USEF video. The USDF FEI Trainers Forum is still closed to AA's.

Anyone care to explain?
    Do not confuse motion and progress. A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress.
    Alfred A. Montapert

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by pluvinel View Post
    Looks like they they got themselves some 660-ish friends....got some boards and committees.....got some "lists" etc.

So what's changed? What's the USDF/USEF doing different?

Why in years of ignoring AA's why now?

George Morris (at 75) publicly shows fabulous riding and his training methods to all comers on streaming USEF video. The USDF FEI Trainers Forum is still closed to AA's.

Anyone care to explain?
    As least be acurate. The USDF FEI TRAINERS Forum is still closed to all that do not meet the qualifications or do not have close friends that meet the qualifications.

2 members found this post helpful.

The AADI is still in its infancy. It takes time to organize such a large and expansive group.

As for why now with the USDF, I don't know but I will take the opportunity.

So, they have about 15 people on their "board."

Are these 15 supposed to represent +20,000-ish people??? (assuming a ratio of 2/3 and that USDF/EF are about 2/3 AA's of total membership).

How is AADI communicating? How are they letting people know what conversations are being had? What decisions are being made? What ideas are being proposed? Or is it just the "ideas" of the 15 on the inside? Perhaps with agendas? Enquiring minds want to know.

If the AADI present themselves to support and represent all AA's then how ARE they representing AA's? Or is it just another inside clique?

What's broken? Why not use the GMO's or PM representative process....processes that are already in place?
    Do not confuse motion and progress. A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress.
    Alfred A. Montapert

Quote Originally Posted by dudleyc View Post
    As least be acurate. The USDF FEI TRAINERS Forum is still closed to all that do not meet the qualifications or do not have close friends that meet the qualifications.
    Bingo!!!! Friends.....eg., people on the "inside" that can get you in......it's that clique thing again.

My point is that USEF proposed NO qualifications to audit, listen and see George Morris (and Anne Kursinski).....George is a rider who has more international equestrian accomplishments than most of the people on any USDF forum....a man whose knowledge could be said to be "above" the comprehension of a mere AA.....yet here he is on television for everyone to see and learn from.

And yet the USDF continues with its extensive list of criteria to EXCLUDE people.
    Alfred A. Montapert

Default Criteria for USDF FEI Trainer Conference

Quote Originally Posted by dudleyc View Post
    The criteria includes AAs and guests need to be riding or training FEI. It is meant to be a peer-to-peer forum. See link below.

http://www.usdf.org/education/other-...ence/index.asp

What I find frustrating is the low attendance at many other educational forums available, and then I hear complaints about there not being enough.

Theresa

What other educational forums are you referring to?

You've just about sucked this particular egg into egg-salad, Pluvy.

Honest to goodness, are you really and truly this ticked off that there's a party you aren't invited to? really? There's tons of educational videos linked off of USDF, for reasonable prices or for free, that you can parkake of and 'audit' as it were. There are likely to be clinics in your area. Trainers. People.

All of this jumping up and down about an event in Florida that you feel personally excluded from is such a totally DQ moment as to be funny.

Dudley offered you her seat, Hell I'll pay your plane fair if you'll kindly just GO and be happy.

( I can hear it...'but that's not the point!' Actually, it is. Your whining is tiresome. Talk about a first world problem!)

4 members found this post helpful.

Oh. Does that mean if I come on here and whine a lot that y'all will scrape up the $$$ to send me and Spanky the Pony to Lendon Gray for a couple of weeks ???

3 members found this post helpful.

Baroque Pony can you include me and one of mine in there too? My daughter has had the opportunity? I'm miffed. She's a young promising thing but why should I be excluded?
    Ranch of Last Resort
    www.annwylid.com

The usdf forum is open all fei riders/trainers/judges, no exclusions.

But I have a question: There are professionals on some of the AADI region rep lists for some reason. Are they supposed to be included?
    I.D.E.A. yoda

Professional what ?

The point is what is the AADI doing with all the ideas that were solicited over 1 month ago?

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...57#post6707157

What is this "group" doing?

How is AADI communicating to AA's? How are they letting people know what conversations are being had? What decisions are being made? What ideas are being proposed? What is the basis of their prioritizations? Enquiring minds want to know.

If the AADI present themselves to support and represent all AA's then how ARE they representing AA's?

I haven't figured out what's broken that this group is supposed to fix.
    Alfred A. Montapert

Umm, have you thought about asking 'them' directly? Or are 'they' somehow linked to COTH?

And if you think a volunteer group aka committee gets a lot done in a month- you are from another planet

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine View Post
    Umm, have you thought about asking 'them' directly? Or are 'they' somehow linked to COTH?

And if you think a volunteer group aka committee gets a lot done in a month- you are from another planet
    Ummmm....I don't "do" Facebook. I ask here, because it was AADI came here originally @COTH, asking for ideas.

So, I thought perhaps it could be a courtesy if they would post their status....especially if they tout themselves as representing opinions of all AA's.
    Alfred A. Montapert

Default Here is your answer

Quote Originally Posted by pluvinel View Post
    Ummmm....I don't "do" Facebook. I ask here, because it was AADI came here originally @COTH, asking for ideas.

So, I thought perhaps it could be a courtesy if they would post their status....especially if they tout themselves as representing opinions of all AA's.
    I am part of the AADI and am on the steering committee. Simply put, it was organized by a bunch of adult amateurs who are on FB belonging to an adult amateur page who simply got together in order to try and secure more educational opportunities for AA's. We decided that we were sick of providing so much money to organizations like USDF and getting so little in return.

Nothing nefarious there.

It was not something started by USDF. Just a bunch of us ammies.

Everything is still in the organizational faze and is being done step by step. Were you on FB you too could join. Again, nothing nefarious or exclusive being done.

I am happy that it's caught a lot of interest and I look forward to the group expanding so that the needs of all AA's can be met.

Have a nice day!

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Knights Mom View Post
    I am part of the AADI and am on the steering committee. Simply put, it was organized by a bunch of adult amateurs who are on FB belonging to an adult amateur page who simply got together in order to try and secure more educational opportunities for AA's. We decided that we were sick of providing so much money to organizations like USDF and getting so little in return.

Nothing nefarious there.

It was not something started by USDF. Just a bunch of us ammies.

Everything is still in the organizational faze and is being done step by step. Were you on FB you too could join. Again, nothing nefarious or exclusive being done.

I am happy that it's caught a lot of interest and I look forward to the group expanding so that the needs of all AA's can be met.

Have a nice day!
    Thank you......that was nice to hear. Not everyone can play on FB.....perhaps you can post these updates on FB for people to read.
    Alfred A. Montapert

I'm one of the region 7 reps and as Knights Mom said, we started it ourselves. Like you, we were sick of complaining about the lack of support for amateurs and decided to try and do something about it.

If anyone has any specific ideas they'd like to see implemented, feel free to post them here. We're trying to gather as many as possible to present them to USDF. Janet Foy has agreed to help us get USDF support, but we need to do most of the legwork in making this happen by ourselves.
    Savannah Custom Scrapbook Design. For horses...and people, too!
    www.savannahscrapbooks.com
    www.thislifeblog.com

But I have a question: There are professionals on some of the AADI region rep lists for some reason. Are they supposed to be included?
    From what I gather based on our discussions so far, the only pros involved are there because no one else stepped up and offered themselves as reps.
    Savannah Custom Scrapbook Design. For horses...and people, too!
    www.savannahscrapbooks.com
    www.thislifeblog.com

Am I correct in seeing that the Facebook page is closed for any further discussion, except the page with the "laundry" list. Why shut it down? It also said rep's from each region were selected etc.; how did that process take place? How did one become a member of the AADI in the first place (from the facebook page it says 350 members, so I'm guessing they didn't open it up to all AA's, since there are a few more than just that). I guess I missed out on all of that, I'm just wondering when the formed the group and why they closed it now. From the little I can gather from the now closed Facebook pages, it pretty much looks like the regional GMO's are taking over the initiative for their regions and will provide their regions what ever programs etc they come up with. So essentially we are kind of sort of right where we started. Anyone not in a big region are once more left to their own devices, those fortunate enough to be in an active region will hopefully see a few more things geared towards AA's.

Please correct me if I've miss read the facebook page.