The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default mini HorseloverZ.com rant

Last week I ordered 2 things from the HorseloverZ.com website. Yesterday I received an email explaining that one of the items was no longer offered and had been on the website by mistake. Would I like to find something else of equal value, get store credit and a coupon or receive credit back on my card? I opted for the store credit and a coupon.

Got a reply today with a link to use my credit, and a code to use a "coupon" worth $2.50. Really? Just $2.50? Am I being unrealistic in expecting a little bigger coupon (honestly, I was hoping for something like free shipping on next order, etc), or is HorseloverZ just being stingy?
    "...That's the worst, I think. When the secret stays locked within not for want of a teller, but for want of an understanding ear." --Stephen King

There was a mistake in inventory (quite common, unfortunately, when you have a warehouse and variety like they do) and they apologized for it and gave you MORE than your money back, even if it wasn't a lot more.

You really expect something beyond that?

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by GoForAGallop View Post
    There was a mistake in inventory (quite common, unfortunately, when you have a warehouse and variety like they do) and they apologized for it and gave you MORE than your money back, even if it wasn't a lot more.

You really expect something beyond that?
    This. The store doesn't owe you money over and beyond what you paid everytime they make a very minor, common mistake.

I imagine the coupon amount is probably linked to the purchase amount. Perhaps a certain percentage of the total or of the item not available?

1 members found this post helpful.

Horseloverz.com has a lot of problems with stuff being out of stock...and taking forever to ship stuff....but their prices can't be beat, and their customer service in taking care of problems (like this one) is generally pretty good. I think it was nice of them to send you a coupon....nice to have a little bit of break. I'd love to have a $2.50 off coupon for the grocery store, it really is no different.