The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gotta brag: DH got me a horse vacuum for my Bday!

Woooo hoooo! I haven't had one since I lived in Wisconsin, but I remember how awesome they are.

And talk about useful for using after body clipping this spring .

I am going to go vacuum on the donkey this weekend; I already vacuumed my dog (unimpressed) and DH tried to vacuum his dog (unsuccessful).

SQUEEE!

And DH is so awesome, he got extra bags and extra attachments, I literally squee'ed when I saw all the extra goodies in the box!
    Last edited by TheJenners; Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:52 PM.
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

2 members found this post helpful.

My goodness, he is a keeper, is he, DH, not the vacuum.

Vacuuming horses makes life so much more pleasant.
    Our horses where we had those loved the feel of the vacuum currycomb and leaned into it.
    Dogs also, my 11 lb terrier follows me around wanting her neck scratched with it.

Oh, yes, Happy Birthday!

Oh my. When I read the title I thought you were saying he got you a horse VAC-ation for your birthday - like spending a week somewhere awesome to ride that had good food, hot tubs, etc. Oh well.

I don't think Mondy would like a horse vacuum. He'd probably be well into the next county by the time I got it turned off . . . .

Happy cleaning!
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

very cool!
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

Quote Originally Posted by oliverreed View Post
    Oh my. When I read the title I thought you were saying he got you a horse VAC-ation for your birthday - like spending a week somewhere awesome to ride that had good food, hot tubs, etc. Oh well.

I don't think Mondy would like a horse vacuum. He'd probably be well into the next county by the time I got it turned off . . . .

Happy cleaning!
    Hahaha I should probably change that then... We are the rare horsey types who don't consider horse back riding at a vacation a huge bonus. We're more of the beach/lazy/sunburn/no people around types on vacation.

I am SOOOOO pumped for tomorrow. Odie is not going to be a happy donkey-donk. May or may not use it on Rory...might just make him watch me use it on his bestie so he sees it won't murrrrrrderrrrrr himmmmmmm

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

Good on your DH! He knows you well.
    I hope Odie and Rory accept the latest in their 2-legged's aspirations.
    For Christmas ( and all anniversaries and birthdays for the rest of my life ), I got a pasture vaccum. It's amazing. I've considered using it as a horse vac but it's quite loud.

He's a good egg!!!!!

I use my Shop-Vac on Pennymare... she's such a yak, I'd have no arms left trying to groom it all out.

Thankfully she doesn't even blink an eye at it.... guess having her hooves trimmed with a Grinder helped in that department
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

I'm considering investing in one. What kind did you get?
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

It's a Metro.

I love my vacuum! Don't know what I'd do without it. I agree it's sort of useless with dogs BUT I take it to the beach when we go and it makes drying the dogs off easy as pie. Win win all around!

Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

I love the blow drying feature more than anything else about vacuums. What a nice DH to have!
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"

OK, cute video alert! Finally got to the barn and used it on Odie today. He was actually pretty good about it, pulled back when I first turned it on, but I plied him with treats and he was sullenly cooperative

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8jst...oAwlxQ&index=1

Rory was convinced I was using it to murder Odie and suck his intestines out, and you can hear him calling in the background around 0:30 . Little does he know, he's next!

To cute! I love the video of Odie having to "work"-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXp98...gK8NVE86oAwlxQ what a character... "I don't work... I'm just cute... cute is my job!!! That's it!!!"
    http://www.leakycreek.com/
    http://leakycreek.wordpress.com/ Rainbows & Mourning Doves Blog
    John P. Smith II 1973-2009 Love Always
    Father, Husband, Friend, Firefighter- Cancer Sucks- Cure Melanoma

Ohhh yeah, him and his fits of temper, they are so mean and scary

Quote Originally Posted by TheJenners View Post
    OK, cute video alert! Finally got to the barn and used it on Odie today. He was actually pretty good about it, pulled back when I first turned it on, but I plied him with treats and he was sullenly cooperative

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8jst...oAwlxQ&index=1

Rory was convinced I was using it to murder Odie and suck his intestines out, and you can hear him calling in the background around 0:30 . Little does he know, he's next!

What an adorable video!

And I agree with the others, your hubby is a keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by M.K.Smith View Post
    To cute! I love the video of Odie having to "work"-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXp98...gK8NVE86oAwlxQ what a character... "I don't work... I'm just cute... cute is my job!!! That's it!!!"

OMG, this one's even cuter! When a donkey puts his ears back, that's a lot of ear to go back.

Oh my, Odie is SO cute! I love mini donks. Especially when they're babies. I had a friend who bred them and I love this pic I took of a baby donk with my 4 yo daughter.

My Tb mare actually enjoys being vacuumed. Which I'm really thankful for, because in the Spring she turns into a Mud Horse. I use a big, noisy, NOT horse friendly shop-vac on her, and she's just fine with it. She enjoys the massaging factor, I think. Unless of course I (static) shock her.
    Ottbs - The finish line is only the beginning!

1 members found this post helpful.

Horse + vac = very happy horsepeople. But seriously, you can get a shopvac from homedepot for much cheaper than any 'horse' vac. Then you can order the grooming head from Dover for $25. Duct tape joins them together wonderfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Isabeau Z Solace View Post
    Horse + vac = very happy horsepeople. But seriously, you can get a shopvac from homedepot for much cheaper than any 'horse' vac. Then you can order the grooming head from Dover for $25. Duct tape joins them together wonderfully.
    We have a shop vac, i think from Sears/Craftsman. I can't stand to be within 50 feet of it. It sounds like a jet engine spooling up or takeoff. Is the Metro quieter?

I can also see Sophie planting her Irish Draught sized hoof on the hose.
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

No it's not as loud as ones I've used for cars and such. You hear it in the video.