The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Jingles needed for Charlie (well-known IHSA pony in Tennessee)

Chances are good that any IHSA rider who has shown in Tennessee over the past ten to fifteen years or so remembers Charlie, the chestnut pony owned by Hunter's Court Stable. They retired Charlie a few years ago, and he is living at my farm. He's gotten older, and is in poor health now. I had the vet out today to draw some blood, and see if anything could be done for him. The vet is not optimistic. So please send some jingles and good vibes for us.

Charlie was spunky and had a helluva kick, but if you knew how to ride, he'd help you win your class. He patiently helped me through some serious fear issues as an older beginner. I remember one at-the-barn fun show where we realized we had forgotten to get a red ribbon for his tail, and the beginner flat class was about to go. I ran upstairs and found the box of Christmas decorations, with the perfect big red bow for Charlie. He was always popular especially around Halloween, when he would be called upon to wear all kinds of costumes and pack his kid around safely while doing so. Costumes that would have sent other ponies spooking across the ring we fine with Charlie. He was a favorite for IHSA shows, and I know he has lots of friends here.
    It's 2014. Do you know where your old horse is?

Jingles for Charlie! I do not know him personally but I am familiar with Hunter's Court. Will be thinking about him!

I do not know you Charlie, but you sound like a cool pony and you share my baby boy's name so I'm sending jingles your way!

I didn't know Charlie but he sounds like a character that I would have liked to know. Sending jingles.

I actually think I remember watching him at an IHSA show visiting my friends in Franklin! Lots of jingles.
    .אני יכול לעשות הכל על ידי אלוהים