The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Big thanks to Deltawave

For her amazing partnership with the spotted menace for the last 3 years. Now that she has a spotted horse of her own, Keebler is off to try out having his own teenager. We're pretty sure he is going to love it almost as much as she does, but it couldn't have happened without DWs wonderful care of him and generosity in wanting someone else to have as much fun with him as she has. And thanks to Flightcheck for taking on supervising the spotted one and his new teenager. I love having eventing friends that are such incredible horsepeople (and good networkers)
    http://seema-thefloridachronicles.bl...f-his-own.html
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

4 members found this post helpful.

Congrats!!
    Beth Davidson
    Black Dog Farm Connemaras & Sport Horses
    http://blackdogconnemara.com
    visit my blog: http://ponyeventer.blogspot.com

Awww, *sniff*. I miss him already.

I'm glad to be part of this unwritten network of horse people who make sure that their horses have riders and that fellow riders have horses. Bonnie got leased out last year and had the best competitive season of her life. Keebs thrives on steady work and a partnership with a human of his own.

As scubed has discovered, seeing one's own horse out there with other people is incredibly gratifying and makes the circle of horse people that much wider and closer all at the same time. Grateful right back at you, Seema, for the opportunity! I plan to keep paying it forward with the horses I call my own and I hope anyonen who has the chance will consider doing the same.
    Click here before you buy.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by deltawave View Post

As scubed has discovered, seeing one's own horse out there with other people is incredibly gratifying and makes the circle of horse people that much wider and closer all at the same time.
    SO true. I'm half-leasing my Arab/QH to a girl at my barn, and watching her ride him is truly one of the best feelings in the world.

I have some of the most excellent horses on lease (and was vying to get Keebler, too!) and can't say enough about the people who are willing to lease these super stars to up and comers. It's such a gift for riders to learn on horses they would never be able to afford to buy!

And a gift for the instructors, too. The amount of gratitude I have for my "owners" is beyond vocalization.

1 members found this post helpful.

It really was such a bizarre thing!

Seema and I had chatted about this pairing earlier last fall, but the rider's family wasn't quite ready to let go.

In Dec, I was sitting NEXT to Seema at the USEA awards ceremony when the family texted that it was time to move up. I turned to Seema and said, "Is Keebler still available?" And here we are, just a month later, excited about a new pairing!

Deltawave should patent the "Keebler Handbook" - it includes not only "normal" information such as feeding, shots, etc. but also what is "normal" and "abnormal" behavior for Keebler, what his quirks are (like escaping!)

I am constantly overwhelmed by the generosity of eventers.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by deltawave View Post
    seeing one's own horse out there with other people is incredibly gratifying and makes the circle of horse people that much wider and closer all at the same time.
    So true. Even when you do not have the fanciest best horse, it is still a great feeling to share with someone who simply needs/wants a ride and you have a safe horse that fits the bill.

What a great story, I love happy endings!

I'm eternally grateful for the lease that I have had for the last year and will continue to learn on for hopefully years to come.
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Buildingthegrove.blogspot
    The Grove at Five Points