The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by arabhorse2 View Post
    At this point, the only option you really have is to move Oliver somewhere else if you don't want him dead from 'kindness'.
    I agree. The cost of boarding will be more than offset by the Vet bills you will avoid. DH's Dad is obviously not receoptive to instruction, so it is your only hope of keeping this critter healthy.
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

At least all the feral kitties will be keeping the rodent population down. It would be best if you could trap/neuter/spay and give them some rabies vaccs ASAP though. Good job on moving the mini, although it is a bummer you have to.
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

Quote Originally Posted by sdlbredfan View Post
    I agree. The cost of boarding will be more than offset by the Vet bills you will avoid. DH's Dad is obviously not receoptive to instruction, so it is your only hope of keeping this critter healthy.
    The OP has already stated in a previous post that "Oliver" is being moved to her home this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsmom View Post
    Get Grandpa a hard keeping OTTB that needs to be a pasture puff. He can shovel food at him constantly, just to maintain his weight.
    Great idea!

Attention!!!!!!! OP has moved Oliver to her house! Problem solved!
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Why bother reading all four pages?

Glad you got it sorted out, Hunterkid. At the end of the day, Grandpa seems like a gruff and a bit grumpy old guy with a huge and soft heart.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

1 members found this post helpful.