The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Old Burlington Farm in St Charles, IL- Have any of you ever boarded there?

Hi All.
    I am wondering if anyone could fill me in on the "Old Burlington Farm" located in St Charles, IL.
    If you boarded there- or know someone who did- tell me about it.

did you like it? How much was board, what did it include? etc.
    Would you board there again if you could?

I would love to know anything and everything!~

Is it still open? I know Meaghan closed her business & sold everything, but never knew what came of the barn/property.
    "I'm not crazy...my mother had me tested"

Quote Originally Posted by Giddy-up View Post
    Is it still open? I know Meaghan closed her business & sold everything, but never knew what came of the barn/property.
    It is not open, I am wondering if it was a great place to board, -what customers liked and disliked about it- and what board cost when it was open.

I am doing homework for some friends who are looking to relocate to that area who want a facility like Old Burlington.

Any information is MUCH appreciated!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tchuki513 View Post

I am doing homework for some friends who are looking to relocate to that area who want a facility like Old Burlington.
    There have been a few threads on here with suggestions on barns in that area in a variety of price ranges. To me, that seems like a more constructive road to go down instead of investigating a facility that has been closed for years. It doesn't much matter what anyone liked/disliked about it as each place has it's pros and cons depending on who is running the facility.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpsJumps View Post
    There have been a few threads on here with suggestions on barns in that area in a variety of price ranges. To me, that seems like a more constructive road to go down instead of investigating a facility that has been closed for years. It doesn't much matter what anyone liked/disliked about it as each place has it's pros and cons depending on who is running the facility.
    They are looking to BUY a farm- not board horses at another facility.

I do agree with you that (if they are looking to board) it is pointless to look into a 'facility that has been closed for years'-

Sounds like you know the place- care to expand on your opinions of the facility.

I know Meaghan, the previous owner, and she's lovely. I have no idea what the facility itself is like nor do I know anyone who boarded there. There are a lot of barns in the area though so people follow the trainer, not the barn. If you're curious about stall price for that area it's typically $800-1000 + full care service fee.

1 members found this post helpful.