The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

well, I'll be.....

He doesn't look much like a riding horse now does he?

Quote Originally Posted by candyappy View Post
    Ah, the joys of boarding!! This woman is in 95% of boarding barns across the country ( sometimes disguised as a man in cowboy gear). She will maybe learn when her stay in the hospital is long enough, or expensive enough, or maybe not.
    The problem is she pays the same board you do and has every right to use the place when it suits her schedule. Maybe offer to work with her a bit? I would make sure the BO talks with her, but really, unless she actually injures someone else what can anybody do?
    not no but HELL no!
    That puts you in the hot seat!

The thing is, she might pay as much as everybody else...but when everybody else is leaving, she won't pay more to keep the lights on....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by rizzodm View Post
    he'll probably a shoe in if his feet were not as crappy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by rizzodm View Post
    Wow - love watching her under that horse - *NOT*.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispatcher View Post
    I want to see a picture of a 3,000 pound horse.
    3200#

http://www.stallionstation.com/gentlegiants/photos.html

There always seems to be one of those at my barn. Do not engage. Do not offer to help! You may end up seriously hurt by crazy horse. Although, if you aren't into Pepperoni she probably won't want your "unenlightened" help anyway. Hope that your BO has enough sense to do something about her.
    You are what you dare.

As someone else posted here, you can't fix stupid. There always seem to be people like this at boarding barns(although have to say I am pretty lucky not to have to deal with this at the barn where I board). They always think they know way more than they actually do and wouldn't pay any attention even if you did offer helpful suggestions. I would just try to keep an eye on her activities so you aren't inadvertantly run over when walking into the barn or something. As far as when I am riding, I would call it schooling for my horse to deal with and get over.

1 members found this post helpful.

I would stay out of her way, try to prevent others from getting hurt.

Just hope she comes to her senses before Darwin takes over!

Quote Originally Posted by SmartAlex View Post
    Gawd! Let's just say the OP was surely exagerrating when she said the boarder was riding a horse weighing 1 1/2 tons.

1 members found this post helpful.

Yeah, even the once I tried out boards, we had two Peps whose horses were all over them. After I left, one horse put his owner in a wheelchair for a bit and, I think I heard she can now walk with a cane and has a mini gelding.

Even the BM at the time was ignored. Everytime the BM said something, the Pep ladies were the loudest in protesting...the ol' squeaky hinge gets all the oil thing. Then they would go to the BO and complain. Loudly.

I feel for ya, I'd say if you can't move and no one can control her actions, find a way to avoid, then pop a Corona or Pepsi when you get home.
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dispatcher View Post
    Gawd! Let's just say the OP was surely exagerrating when she said the boarder was riding a horse weighing 1 1/2 tons.
    The ton and a half comment was definitely hyperbole, but sadly, the rest of the story is not exaggerated at all.

Now you’ve all made me curious how much that horse really does weigh – but I wouldn’t go near him with a 10 foot carrot stick

Thanks for all the responses. I’m sorry for all of you that deal with “that boarder” as well. Makes going to the barn so much more stressful than it needs to be. I’m just going to avoid her as much as possible. With the cold weather, my hips wouldn’t mind if I took a few days off here and there and just groom and fuss over my guys.

Luckily, spring is only a few months away! I can’t wait to get out of that arena.