The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Best place to start

I'm very interested in buying shares in a couple racehorses, but have no idea where to start. Since I have no prior experience with racing TB's I'd much rather go in on shares rather than just buying one outright.

I've wanted to do this for several years, but time and money haven't met in the middle until now. A customer of mine breeds and races in LA, but I'm looking for something that's a little nicer caliber.

I'd appreciate any info I can get.

Thanks!

Check out horseplayers racing llc. Scott Gruender is the manager, super nice guy and they have interests all over the country. It's a very low key syndicate and seems like a great way to get started

Little Red Feather is based in California (though they buy out of state, too), and have a lot of options for getting involved as a shareholder (there's shares of young horses, the Claiming pool, etc.) I've been considering it but can't really justify the commitment right now, but I do like some of their current offerings (like their Henrythenavigator son.) They also are very friendly and allow non-owners to do things like join their live-auction list and get real-time and daily updates from their buyers at auction, which is a great tutorial for someone who's never gone to a bloodstock sale.

How curious. The post I posted is missing and instead I am named as OP on a post I didn't write?

Not sure if East Coast (Maryland) is of interest. But a very fun group is Merryland Farms. Associated with Country Life Farm. The facebook page is fun to follow from any locale:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Countr...441230?fref=ts

What an entertaining thread - well, for me, anyhow. I see my mistake in my previous post. I am "grits" and OP is "_grits_". Okay.

But I do own shares in two partnerships at CLF/Merryland.

I second Horseplayers. www.horseplayersracingclub.com. Low cost to get in - some with no monthly maintenance. And they have a blast. They've had a stakes winner they also co-bred, and multiple winners all over the country. Very easy to deal with, HONEST, and they want you to have a good time.
    It's a uterus, not a clown car. - Sayyedati

1 members found this post helpful.

Thanks for the leads. I appreciate it!