The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Rambo Newmarket Quarter Sheet

For those of you that have one I am needing help with the sizing, please. I would like to purchase one from Smartpak and have read the reviews.

It seems like some people say it runs small and others say it runs large and some say it is true to size

My three year old appendix currently wears a 75" Weatherbeeta Landa, it is just a little on the big side, it hangs down a little more then it should. He is about 15.2 and all legs at the moment. I don't really see him getting much over 15.3 but I do imagine he will fill out.

I have purchased him a Centaur Wool Cooler and Show Scrim Sheet from Smartpak, on both I decided to go with the "horse" sizing (72"-76") because both had reviews that said the blankets tend to run large so if he gets to a 78" they will both still fit nicely.

However the sizing for the Quarter Sheet seems to be a bit harder. I talked to a Smartpak Cutomer Services helper and she was very nice, she said she had a QH/Arab that fits a true 75" blanket and the horse size quarter sheet fits her mare well.

I was just hoping for a little more help from those that have the quarter sheet. Do you believe it runs large, small or true to size?

Thank you for you help and imput! I plan to get this sheet monogrammed so it won't be returnable, I hope to purchase the right size
    Last edited by Sweet Thing Eventing; Jan. 8, 2013 at 04:35 PM.
    ~"Three Phases, Two hearts, One Passion!"~
    Peppy's Sweet Thing & Sweet Dreamin'

I think you're putting a lot of time and effort into stressing about an item that is:

1) Very adjustable, in terms of sizing
    2) Available with free shipping/exchanges from Smartpak, as a sized item.

I'd order what the CS Rep suggested, and go from there.

I think it's true to RAMBO sizing, which can be larger than some other brands. My Arab wears a 69" Rambo blanket, and I got him the small (60-69"), which fits fine.

Measure him using the Rambo blanket directions, and you should be fine ordering the quarter sheet in the same size.

My arab wears a 69 inch blanket and the small is almost too small. She's 14.2, my last arab was 15.1 and also wore the same size blanket and the sheet was too small for her. I got mine used off of Ebay so no big deal.

I have a few of these and find they do run a bit small. Outstanding quality, though - and they look smashing.
    Silver Drache Farm LLC
    'Drafts and Dressage'
    www.silverdrache.com

I have one and it runs true to size. Just remember a 3yr old is going to grow, maybe you want to go a size up.
    I bought my horse at 3yrs old and he went from an 81 to busting out of an 87 blanket.

I ordered DD a Rambo Grand Prix 1/4 sheet for Christmas. I am pretty sure it is the same sizing as the Newmarkets. She has an a appendix mare that is 15.3 7/8 and the medium fits perfect. IIRC they come S, M, L and XL. Mare is finely built but still pretty muscular if that makes sense and she wears a 75 or 78 blanket. And BTW, the Grand Prix 1/4 is awesome and supposed to be water resistant. Kind of a soft-shell material on outside and fleece inside.

I would get medium for your guy. I have a 16.2hh tb (wears 78" blanket) whom I bought the large for and it's actually borderline too big for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Starhouse View Post
    I would get medium for your guy. I have a 16.2hh tb (wears 78" blanket) whom I bought the large for and it's actually borderline too big for her.
    This. I have a 16.2hh Appendix who wears a 78" blanket and I bought the large as well. Fits him fine. Maybe a smidge too big but would rather have it that way than too small.

So I think a medium would work just fine for you.

My girl wears a 75" Rambo and the medium fits her great. I'd be inclined to get a medium for your guy.

MDPONYMOM - isn't that Grand Prix sheet lovely?